NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   The International Consortium for Parkinson's Education (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/128284-international-consortium-parkinsons-education.html)

reverett123 07-17-2010 09:31 PM

The International Consortium for Parkinson's Education

Until someone comes up with a better name, I suggest that we refer to this as the ICPE or the Consortium.

OK, I will start by trying to see just how much I can convey on one side of a newsletter.

Lindy, am I right that you are up on everyone's individual skills? Who is the logical one to design a template for it? Yourself?

I guess we should establish a thread for this. I am going to paste this in to a new one and let's officially move there as of now.....And here we are.

Some basic questions-
Do we want to make this a private thread or wait and see? Quite honestly, I am not one for long debate. That's one reason I am willing to do all of a given section. Hec, I'm a Parkie. :D But I will submit everything at logical points for review and revision.

OK, the floor is open. I will be back tomorrow with six major topic areas and a blurb about ICPE and why it is needed.

reverett123 07-17-2010 09:45 PM

In no particular order yet-

The real nature of PD and its impact

Disquiet in the patient community

The patient-neuro relationship

The need for humility by all parties

New Directions are needed

At breakfast, the chicken is involved but the pig is committed - the need for patient influence upon future research.

More to come. Good night.

alongcamejones 07-17-2010 11:31 PM

I sense some empowering coming on and will be in on the ground floor.

ICPE?

The I is good
C def from wiki A consortium is an association of two or more individuals, companies, organizations or governments (or any combination of these entities) with the objective of participating in a common activity or pooling their resources for achieving a common goal.

So C is good for me.
P is good
E is good

All good for the name IMO

Jak

Quote:

Originally Posted by reverett123 (Post 676410)
Until someone comes up with a better name, I suggest that we refer to this as the ICPE or the Consortium.

OK, I will start by trying to see just how much I can convey on one side of a newsletter.

Lindy, am I right that you are up on everyone's individual skills? Who is the logical one to design a template for it? Yourself?

I guess we should establish a thread for this. I am going to paste this in to a new one and let's officially move there as of now.....And here we are.

Some basic questions-
Do we want to make this a private thread or wait and see? Quite honestly, I am not one for long debate. That's one reason I am willing to do all of a given section. Hec, I'm a Parkie. :D But I will submit everything at logical points for review and revision.

OK, the floor is open. I will be back tomorrow with six major topic areas and a blurb about ICPE and why it is needed.

soccertese 07-18-2010 07:35 AM

it seems you want to be an advocacy group critical of the status quo, not an objective educational group. something like "parkinson's alliance for better research and treatment" might be better. kind of tea partyish.
why beat around the bush? saying you were an educational group would be very insincere imho.

reverett123 07-18-2010 07:44 AM

I have been made aware of some things nearing completion that I don't want to upset in any way, so I am going to temporarily chill on this although I will be working on it for later use. There has been some good work done over the last year.