NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   slowwwwwww......posts (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/183036-slowwwwwww-posts.html)

bizi 01-27-2013 07:38 PM

slowwwwwww......posts

any one else experiencing slow posting times...it sis killling me. maybe it is our computer....
sigh
bizi

Abbie 01-27-2013 08:39 PM

I was having trouble earlier but I just chalked it up to the weather here...freezing rain.

bizi 01-27-2013 08:51 PM

freezing rain sounds awful.
sorry that you are dealing with that.
my paper whites did not bloom this year odd.
bizi

Brokenfriend 01-28-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizi (Post 951560)
any one else experiencing slow posting times...it sis killling me. maybe it is our computer....
sigh
bizi

Bizi My computer has done the same thing at times in the last two weeks. I corrected the words one,by one when it happened. Right now my computer is functioning o k. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Dmom3005 01-28-2013 07:12 AM

Same here Bizi. But my computer is doing that in all sites. So I haven't
noticed as much.

I have freezing rain too. And winds really bad today. Wow, its supposed
to be in the 40's today. But the wind is going to make driving wicked today.

Ugh.

Donna:hug::grouphug::grouphug::hug:

butterfly11 01-28-2013 04:24 PM

haven't had a problem - hope I don't!

waves 01-28-2013 08:38 PM

bad weather and internet issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmom3005 (Post 951680)
Same here Bizi. But my computer is doing that in all sites. So I haven't
noticed as much.

I have freezing rain too. And winds really bad today. Wow, its supposed
to be in the 40's today. But the wind is going to make driving wicked today.

Ugh.

Donna:hug::grouphug::grouphug::hug:

Donna if you're having problems accessing all sites, probably some major routers that serve your area are affected. since there is bad weather in various states, this may be the case with others too.

routers are computers that act as "intermediate messengers" between you and the sites you are trying to "talk" to. data does not go directly from your machine to the destination sites, but makes many "hops" through various "nodes" or routers. when there is bad weather there may be brownouts or blackouts that can cause routers to shutdown. usually they are brought up again fairly quickly, but while they are down, the internet is set up so that your data will go through a different route, if one is available, but it may be a longer one (more "hops") and so you may experience slowness. even if it is not a longer route, if one machine is "doing the work of two" it takes longer... hence, delays.

when conditions are bad enough to take out a lot of key routers, or, if you are in a smaller town whose internet traffic necessarily goes through one or two specific routers and those get hit, then you can even end up with intermittent failure to access most of the internet. that is even if yours and your provider's computers are fine.

~ waves ~