NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   My dear sister is sick. (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/86130-dear-sister-sick.html)

ewizabeth 05-02-2009 11:49 PM

My dear sister is sick.

Last Sunday I was shopping with my sister and she got really sick. She looked to me like she might be having a heart attack. We were at Olive Garden and she was sick for about 40 minutes but then started to feel better (wouldn't let me call an ambulance). We went to Gordman's next (she insisted) and she started feeling sick again after awhile so I followed her into the bathroom and she kept saying, no, I just think it's a stomach thing going on.

She got worse then so I drove her to the ER and she was checked in immediately. She went through about 8 hours of tests and her daughter came up and drove her home when they released her. They said it was the flu but we still weren't convinced.

Her doctor got the test results and they do think it's her heart. So she's getting a stress test on Wednesday to check it out. She might need a stent put in through catheterization. I hope it's nothing worse. She's diabetic and also hypertensive. She carries her weight in her tummy and that's always worried me thinking it would affect her heart someday. :(

Say a prayer for her please that she'll be ok. She's a sweetheart and I hate to see her sick.

Jomar 05-03-2009 12:14 AM

I hope everything goes well for her.:grouphug:

Darlene 05-03-2009 12:35 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with her as well as her family.

Darlene:hug:

Twinkletoes 05-03-2009 01:27 AM

I am so sorry about your dear sister, Wiz. How nice that you two are close and able to do things together.

I'm glad you are looking out for her so she can be around much longer.

Prayers being said for you both. :hug:

Friend2U 05-03-2009 01:37 AM

A special prayer for your sis!

You are in my thoughts and prayers. One of the hardest things is to see our loved ones suffer. We feel so helpless. But, we can pray....which I have done for you and your dear sister!:hug:

sabimax 05-03-2009 05:23 AM

Wiz good luck on her testing.. and hugssss to you both!!! sarah

Kitty 05-03-2009 07:02 AM

Sister's are special....yours is lucky you were with her that day. It wasn't a coincidence. Praying for you both and that she's feeling better real soon. :hug:

AfterMyNap 05-03-2009 07:10 AM

Well, carp, Wiz. :( I'll definitely keep her on my prayer list. Sometimes this getting older junk really hurts. :(:hug:

These times are good lessons for all of us who struggle with ailments, it gives us a window into how our family members feel about our battles.

Stay strong for her, Wiz, you can do this, you have the stuff. :hug:

Alffe 05-03-2009 07:10 AM

Thinking of you wiz and your dear sister. :grouphug:

ali12 05-03-2009 07:50 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that your sister is sick at the moment Wiz! :hug: I really hope she starts feeling better real soon and that the doctors can figure out what is going on and treat her properly.

As the others have said, your sister was lucky to have you with her that day and i'm sure she is so grateful for you taking such good care of her!!

You are both in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that the stress test goes OK. Please keep us updated when you can and if you ever need anyone to talk to, I am here for you!!

Alison.