NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   Interesting day (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/198295-day.html)

Nellyzen 12-07-2013 09:38 PM

Interesting day

Now that I'm more aware of my symptoms I decided to monitor them "better".

My husband and I went grocery shopping today and I was able to help out a little with the bagging and carrying a couple of very light bags.

After that we went home and we made a soup. I even cut some vegetables. Now that that I'm resting on the couch I feel worse than when I was out and about. My neck feels stiffer and my arms are so congested.

From what I've noticed in the last few days, couch time is the worst and sleeping is become quite the torture too. I wake up every night around 3 am with my arms burning and numb.

Do you guys get worse symptoms at night as well?

radtech 12-08-2013 08:21 PM

yes, usually, it is not that I cannot do an activity, but rather that I abstain from activities because I anticipate it to aggravate my symptoms. Trying to sleep is awful. Painful, achy stiff neck, painful elbow, wrist, pain and tingley fingers when laying in bed.

Driving also causes delayed pain too. I have must hold steering wheel at the 6 position, rather than then recommended 10 and 2. Also, all the head/neck turning causes symptoms to flare up.

I have only cooked supper a few times since the end of August, because by dinner time my symptoms have flared up.

Eight 12-12-2013 02:04 AM

[QUOTE=Nellyzen;1035117]Now that I'm more aware of my symptoms I decided to monitor them "better".

My husband and I went grocery shopping today and I was able to help out a little with the bagging and carrying a couple of very light bags.

After that we went home and we made a soup. I even cut some vegetables. Now that that I'm resting on the couch I feel worse than when I was out and about. My neck feels stiffer and my arms are so congested.

From what I've noticed in the last few days, couch time is the worst and sleeping is become quite the torture too. I wake up every night around 3 am with my arms burning and numb.

Do you guys get worse symptoms at night as well?[/QUOTE

You probably sleep with you hands above your head. Watching coops video on how he sleeps. Try wall push ups.

chroma 12-12-2013 04:21 AM

Wall pushups make me worse. I get increased tension around the chest, shoulders and collar bone --> bad for TOS.

Sleeping on your back is less compression to your shoulder, neck and TOS area, than sleeping on your side. I do both because I'm not always "sleep comfortable" on my back.

My two cents.

husky601 12-12-2013 09:13 AM

Hi Eight,

i will send you something about sitting on your couch. Just take a look in you inbox.

Alexis