NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   When you stop taking your meds.... (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/78134-stop-taking-meds.html)

Gdbyrd 02-17-2009 04:42 PM

When you stop taking your meds....

When you guys don't take your meds how do you feel? Is it like a tired feeling where you just want sleep, or is it more like you felt like you're running a marathon just trying to get out of bed?

When you don't take them and you start taking them again, how quickly do you return to your normal energy level.

Reason I'm asking, I was stupid yesterday and skipped my meds all day. I felt fine up until about 6 pm. Then I felt god awful, ached everywhere like I was getting the flu and had to lay down. I woke up this morning feeling the same way, started taking my meds and after my second dose(around noon) I started feeling like I had more energy. Not sure if it was a little bug I caught or what..

I still feel like I don't need this stuff sometimes and it's hard for me to determine if I do or don't need it. I work an office job and there's very little physical activity required.

erinhermes 02-17-2009 05:15 PM

Hey GByrd!

Hello again! When I don't take my meds, I feel weak and sleepy......I don't ache. I just feel really, really tired!

When I take them I usually feel better within an hour or so.

I hope you haven't caught a bug..........:D

At 60 mgs of Pred, I feel like I'm on speed - really! Or what I guess speed would feel like.......I don't know for certain......:D

Granted, I was able to take Devon to school today and that felt AMAZING!!!!!
He was in such a cute mood that he even told me he loved me - no small feat for a 16 yr old boy!

You are not on Pred, right? Cuz' it is supposed to relieve pain......that is the only thing I can think of painwise.........

Hope you feel better soon!

:hug:Erin:hug:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gdbyrd (Post 467193)
When you guys don't take your meds how do you feel? Is it like a tired feeling where you just want sleep, or is it more like you felt like you're running a marathon just trying to get out of bed?

When you don't take them and you start taking them again, how quickly do you return to your normal energy level.

Reason I'm asking, I was stupid yesterday and skipped my meds all day. I felt fine up until about 6 pm. Then I felt god awful, ached everywhere like I was getting the flu and had to lay down. I woke up this morning feeling the same way, started taking my meds and after my second dose(around noon) I started feeling like I had more energy. Not sure if it was a little bug I caught or what..

I still feel like I don't need this stuff sometimes and it's hard for me to determine if I do or don't need it. I work an office job and there's very little physical activity required.