NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Help me get my unborn grandson here! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/92275-help-unborn-grandson.html)

Twinkletoes 07-05-2009 05:49 PM

Help me get my unborn grandson here!

My youngest daughter, Gina 28yo, is waaaay past ready to POP with her first baby! :eek:

She was due last Tuesday, June 30th. She missed our family reunion yesterday b/c she doesn't dare travel too far from her hospital (180 mile trip from here). Her sister and cute family are visiting from AZ and are leaving to return home tomorrow.

If Gina delivers tonight, then her sister can see the baby (they won't return for many many months -- 10 hour trip). The doc will start her on the Pit drip Tuesday, but that's two whole days away!!!

Anyone have and tried and true methods for getting this baby delivered ASAP? Gina doesn't own a pogo stick or trampoline. :p The bumpy road hasn't worked so far. :confused: Help!

Kitty 07-05-2009 06:11 PM

Getting as far away from the hospital as possible should work......:rolleyes: At least it did for me and my first one.

Babies have a way of knowing when they should arrive......I'd just let nature take it's course. Unless, of course, there's something wrong or a medical issue that makes it impossible to wait.

Keeping my fingers crossed for her to get a move on! :D

Earl 07-05-2009 06:20 PM

Best way I have heard of getting the baby to arrive is to recreate the conception process, if you know what I mean...

SallyC 07-05-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earl (Post 533217)
Best way I have heard of getting the baby to arrive is to recreate the conception process, if you know what I mean...

Careful not to poke the baby's eye out..:D:D:D

Twinkletoes 07-05-2009 06:44 PM

Okay you people, I read your suggestions to Gina. I told her I was at a loss as how to respond. :confused:

She says thank you, but they're going fishing (getting away from the hospital).

Taffy 07-05-2009 06:54 PM

Earl! Geez! Smack!

Good luck on this blessed event! He will be here soon and all will be fine.

Grabbing Earl by his ear and smacking him again for just thinking about that stuff at a time like this.

(yeah, yeah, I have heard of this old tale.)

Grabbing Earl by his other ear......

soxmom 07-05-2009 07:16 PM

Earl IS correct...my obgyn suggested this when I was 2 weeks overdue
with my first......didnt try it so dont know if it works.

Kitt 07-05-2009 07:19 PM

I believe it is true:D

Dejibo 07-05-2009 07:30 PM

Cod Liver oil was used by mid wives in the olden days. it thins the mucous membranes including the cervix. Not sure what the correct dosage would be, but you could research it on mid wives, or natural birth web sites. Also, not to be gross, but sperm softens and ripens the cervix, as well as providing natural antibacterial juices for it. Love making is a good thing. Love making also releases pitocin and helps get things started. Nipple play also releases pitocin. she can pump her breasts in prep for the baby coming. When you breast feed immed at birth, it helps the uterus with the chemicals you excrete naturally.

Good luck! :hug:

Kitt 07-05-2009 07:33 PM

It all makes sense to me.