NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Parkinson's News Clipper for September 12, 2008 (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/54171-parkinsons-news-clipper-september-12-2008-a.html)

Stitcher 09-13-2008 07:08 AM

Parkinson's News Clipper for September 12, 2008

1 Attachment(s)
…has been updated for September 12, 2008

Includes:
Parkinson's Disease Science and Research

Strict Mediterranean Diet Can Help Reduce Deaths From Major Chronic Diseases
Science Daily Fri, 12 Sep 2008 7:27 AM PDT
Sticking to a full Mediterranean diet provides substantial protection against major chronic diseases including heart disease, cancer and Parkinson's and Alzheimer's disease, according to a new study. .

Tiny implant could relieve pain, depression
Minnesota Public Radio Fri, 12 Sep 2008 5:26 AM PDT
The Mayo Clinic has helped develop a technology that could help better treat Parkinson's disease and depression.

Social Security & Medicare

Capitol Hill Watch*|*Lawmakers Warn Federal Officials To Fix Problems With Medicare Information Phone Line
Kaiser Daily Health Policy Report, Sep 12, 2008
CMS has improved 1-800-Medicare, a toll-free telephone line that beneficiaries can call for information on the prescription drug benefit, but the agency needs to address some serious problems that remain before the next annual enrollment period begins on Nov. 15, advocates for seniors and lawmakers said on Thursday during a hearing of the Senate Special Committee on Aging, CQ HealthBeat reports. CMS has five call centers nationwide for the telephone line, which served about 30 million callers in 2007.
  • C-SPAN on Thursday broadcast the hearing [webcast] (C-SPAN, 9/11).
  • In addition, ABC's "Good Morning America" [video] on Thursday reported on problems with the telephone line ("Good Morning America," ABC, 9/11).

Good Morning and have a great Saturday

indigogo 09-14-2008 07:57 PM

terrific!

Carolyn - I LOVE this idea and your website! It takes up where Murray Charters left off - super work!

pegleg 09-14-2008 08:20 PM

Agree!

yes, I agree that this type of scanning and reporting for us is most hepful (and very similar to Murray's former work.

I heard you were offline a day or two, but it looks like yoou've caught back up.

Thanks, Carolyn!
Peg :)

Stitcher 09-14-2008 10:16 PM

Yes, I was off line for almost a week. Hannah came through last Saturday and on Sunday we had a 30-second power surge...blew my Ehternet card.

Thanks for the comments.

But nobody and I mean nobody will ever replace our lovable, huggable Murray!!
He was a kind and sincere teddy bear of a guy! Never to be forgotten.

I do this because I enjoy it. I just hope that someone finds is useful. And no more cluttered message boards and email Inboxes...LOL