NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Hydrocephalus (https://www.neurotalk.org/hydrocephalus/)
-   -   pressure headache for hydropheliac after exercise (https://www.neurotalk.org/hydrocephalus/176807-pressure-headache-hydropheliac-exercise.html)

mellonellen 09-21-2012 04:55 AM

pressure headache for hydropheliac after exercise

hello.

I was diagnosed with hydrocephalus at the begining of 2012 caused by a benign pineal tumour. i have had two operations, the first was a third ventriculostomy. unfortunatley this operation was did not give a permanent solution to drain fluid from my ventricles so i had a second operation for a VP shunt.

i have experienced a range of symptoms since this operation which impact on my quality of life. this is one in particular:

i have just been noticing latlely that moderate/intense exericse triggers what i call a 'pressure headache' where my head feels really heavy and i can pinpoint the feeling to my forehead, especially inbetween my eyebrows. i also experience dizzyness with these headaches which usually lasts quite a while (several hours).

Another thing: it almost feels like im on a boat and i feel unbalanced.

I was wondering if anyone else has exxperienced this or knows a possible reason behind it?

its really frustrating because i have gained so much weight since finding out about my condition and havent been able to exercise regularly because of the dizzyness and headaches that are gnerated by it :(.

lcms0516 09-22-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonellen (Post 916282)
hello.

I was diagnosed with hydrocephalus at the begining of 2012 caused by a benign pineal tumour. i have had two operations, the first was a third ventriculostomy. unfortunatley this operation was did not give a permanent solution to drain fluid from my ventricles so i had a second operation for a VP shunt.

i have experienced a range of symptoms since this operation which impact on my quality of life. this is one in particular:

i have just been noticing latlely that moderate/intense exericse triggers what i call a 'pressure headache' where my head feels really heavy and i can pinpoint the feeling to my forehead, especially inbetween my eyebrows. i also experience dizzyness with these headaches which usually lasts quite a while (several hours).

Another thing: it almost feels like im on a boat and i feel unbalanced.

I was wondering if anyone else has exxperienced this or knows a possible reason behind it?

its really frustrating because i have gained so much weight since finding out about my condition and havent been able to exercise regularly because of the dizzyness and headaches that are gnerated by it :(.

I never had that problem, when I used to go to a gym to exercise. Now I ride my racing bike for cardiovascular benefits, and I don't need to pay for a gym membership to do it.