NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Alcoholism, Addiction and Recovery (https://www.neurotalk.org/alcoholism-addiction-and-recovery/)
-   -   Lost three in the last month (https://www.neurotalk.org/alcoholism-addiction-and-recovery/55888-lost-month.html)

houghchrst 10-08-2008 08:48 PM

Lost three in the last month

Just found out today that we lost two more people from our crowd in a double overdose possible suicide of oxycontin. One of their wives had just overdosed about a week ago and died. This after a friend overdosed about 3 weeks ago.

I guess they really are no longer "friends" though when we saw them on the street there might be a hug and a how are you. We didn't hang out anymore, not safe for a recovering person. What gets me is that they were all attributed to the same drug.

Somebody in the neighborhood is selling them.

I am so grateful that I got out. They didn't, they still had the party mentality and were big time in their addiction. They also had families, wives, children, parents.

Everyone is overwhelmed and just ...............well..........

Just get out, there is time, you are worth it.

Chemar 10-08-2008 09:02 PM

:hug:Christina.....how very sad:(
I sure am thankful you are out of that.
Praying for those families

dorrie 10-13-2008 08:33 PM

Thank you God, for our Christina!!!!:hug:

houghchrst 10-15-2008 08:05 PM

Dorrie you are so sweet. I am not sure why you are thanking God for me but thank you. I appreciate the good word.

dorrie 10-15-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghchrst (Post 389053)
Dorrie you are so sweet. I am not sure why you are thanking God for me but thank you. I appreciate the good word.

Quote:

Just get out, there is time, you are worth it

Christina...I thank God for you because you are an inspiration to others...if only one person sees your post and your advice to get out there is time and you are worth it...then that is one more that will survive because of you! I am an AA menber and we have attended so many funerals over the years...it makes me realize how lucky I was to get out in time...I was worth it and so were you! :hug::hug::hug:Special hugs for you Christina!!

houghchrst 10-16-2008 07:13 PM

Thank you Dorrie, if anything good can come out of the bad experiences I have had I would hope that it would be a word here or there to help others.

Fogbrain 10-16-2008 07:51 PM

Glad you got out, Christina.

Your signature line says it well, too.

I rejoice in all who get out. I mourn those who don't make it. I murmur my humble prayer for those who still suffer.

All of us, we got me sober. I don't ever want to forget that I did not do this alone.

Jeff

houghchrst 10-16-2008 08:21 PM

http://www.mlive.com/flinttownship/i...ith_death.html

They still haven't had the memorial for husband whose wife od'ed. That will be Saturday. Since this happened now in our county they are making a big deal about the kids getting prescription drugs and taking them. They are a little behind the times.

There has been no mention of whether or not they found out where these guys got the pills but I do know of at least one person who sells and trades for money to pay bills. Don't think he was involved. Ya never know though.

Gianna206 11-27-2008 02:02 AM

Christina, I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. I'm glad that you were strong enough to get out. To the people who are thinking about becoming clean from substance abuse, there is hope!! I know tons of people who use to use and now they're clean. It takes courage and strength and you can do it! :)

Buffheart 12-22-2008 06:09 PM

I am sorry to hear that they died, but I am glad to hear that you were able to turn your life around:Good-Luck: