NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   General Health Conditions & Rare Disorders (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-health-conditions-and-rare-disorders/)
-   -   Second Opinion (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-health-conditions-and-rare-disorders/95427-opinion.html)

meridianboy00 07-28-2009 05:18 PM

Second Opinion

I had surgery Back in may after falling 8ft onto my knee. Knee still hurts and weak and burns when i put presure on it. I went back to my Doc today and he said MRI was good and everything i feel is normal after surgery,but its been over 3 months. He wants me to do more P.T I have already done 2 months of PT with no change. Should i go see someone else? Here is my MRI report

Procedure: MRI Left Knee

History: Previous injury to the knee with surgery in May repairing a cartilage defect along the lateral tibial plateau. New swelling and pain.

Findings: There is no significant increase in joint fluid. The quadriceps tendon and patellar tendon are intact. The anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments are intact. The medal and lateral collateral ligament are intact. There continues to be signal in the femoral attachment of the medial collateral ligament consistent with previous injury.

There is some degeneration involving the lateral meniscus but no discrete tear is identified. The medial meniscus is intact. The bone marrow signal is normal. There is no abnormal signal in the lateral tibial plateau and no thinning of the cartilage can be identified.

Impression: Thickening and internal signal in the medial collateral ligament consistent with previous sprain/scarring. Mild degeneration involving the lateral meniscus without a discrete tear identified.

scooter rrt 08-01-2009 08:34 AM

Hi, Go back to PT, it can often take months to return to normal. I was in PT for a year and half after a head on MVA with no broken bones. Did have whiplash and neck and b ack pains. They used ice then TENS and heat therapy. The downside was it took so long to recover, the upside is that I did not become addicted to pain medication.

:eek:
Quote:

Originally Posted by meridianboy00 (Post 543817)
I had surgery Back in may after falling 8ft onto my knee. Knee still hurts and weak and burns when i put presure on it. I went back to my Doc today and he said MRI was good and everything i feel is normal after surgery,but its been over 3 months. He wants me to do more P.T I have already done 2 months of PT with no change. Should i go see someone else? Here is my MRI report

Procedure: MRI Left Knee

History: Previous injury to the knee with surgery in May repairing a cartilage defect along the lateral tibial plateau. New swelling and pain.

Findings: There is no significant increase in joint fluid. The quadriceps tendon and patellar tendon are intact. The anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments are intact. The medal and lateral collateral ligament are intact. There continues to be signal in the femoral attachment of the medial collateral ligament consistent with previous injury.

There is some degeneration involving the lateral meniscus but no discrete tear is identified. The medial meniscus is intact. The bone marrow signal is normal. There is no abnormal signal in the lateral tibial plateau and no thinning of the cartilage can be identified.

Impression: Thickening and internal signal in the medial collateral ligament consistent with previous sprain/scarring. Mild degeneration involving the lateral meniscus without a discrete tear identified.