NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   hearing question (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/196591-hearing-question.html)

dilhun 11-01-2013 08:53 PM

hearing question

My husband had his hearing almost 2 months ago.. so far we haven't herd a thing.. The hearing was quick.. the judge asked questions and asked the vocational expert questions but never had the lawyer ask my husband questions.. the VE said no to my husband being able to do any jobs.. the lawyer says she is 99.9% sure the judge will vote in his favor.. anyone have any thoughts on this?

skydancer52 11-01-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilhun (Post 1026180)
My husband had his hearing almost 2 months ago.. so far we haven't herd a thing.. The hearing was quick.. the judge asked questions and asked the vocational expert questions but never had the lawyer ask my husband questions.. the VE said no to my husband being able to do any jobs.. the lawyer says she is 99.9% sure the judge will vote in his favor.. anyone have any thoughts on this?

I had a crappy disability rep that didn't keep me informed. I did not have any hearings but found out I won SSDI disability claim by checking SSA.gov website periodically, logging in under my user id. Then had to wait a few months for lump payment. First benefit to be paid next month (Nov 2013).

My neighbor was denied twice and went to a hearing and was waiting for result. I suggested he log onto the SSA gov website and he was shocked to find out that he won. Then he called SSA directly and they said it could take up to 4 months to calculate his SSDI back pay and then he would receive official notice. Made his day.

Perhaps you could use the website to check your status?

finz 11-01-2013 10:02 PM

I believe you are supposed to hear the ruling within 30 to 90 days.

The VE saying that there are no jobs that he would be able to do is KEY to SSDI approval.

It sounds like you should be expecting good news in the mail shortly !
Keep us posted !

Mz Migraine 11-02-2013 05:37 PM

Check your bank account (if you elected direct deposit). A surprise may be waiting for you!

dilhun 11-02-2013 08:05 PM

thanks

thanks everyone .. we check his ssi webpage almost everyday almost an obsession.. the lawyer said it could take anywhere from 2-4 months longer if theres a shut down well we had the shut down im just hoping this doesn't drag on too long this r very financialy tuff

grandma50 01-10-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilhun (Post 1026180)

I had a hearing also about 45 days ago. My hearing lasted 5 mins. My lawyer was asked by the lawyer to come in before me. She came out, and said " he sounds like he wants to approve you, if you change your onset date. The VE didnt say a thing. He asked if I discussed this with my atty. I said yes, and that I agreed. So he concluded the hearing. That was 45 days ago. Istill havent heard they say its with editing. It sucks to have to wait. My lawyer said congrats, but Im worried too. I too would like to know... Hope you find out soon. Good luck to you.

lonewolf 01-22-2014 12:32 PM

:(
I guess this is just a waiting game with SS. I'm still waiting on a hearing. It was last July (2013) when my att. appeal my case. So I guess I got a long wait, huh! any advice? :confused: