NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Prayers and Good Vibes Please!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/82141-prayers-vibes-please.html)

Judy2 03-23-2009 12:25 AM

Prayers and Good Vibes Please!!!

Tomorrow is the start of a major remodeling project here. Of course I can't do any of it myself, so people will be tramping in and out of the house for two to three weeks. Having old, worn out wall-to-wall carpeting ripped up and hardwood floors put in -- 920 sq. ft. worth. Then the old vinyl in the kitchen and foyer will be replaced with ceramic tile. All of the rooms with new flooring will also be painted, I've lived with these boring white walls for eleven years.

I just hope I can "keep my cool" as I tend to be a neat freak. Have to keep the eyes on the final outcome. Maybe down the road, I'll have the bedrooms and baths painted, but not right now. YIKES!!! Good, calming thoughts appreciated!! :)

Kitty 03-23-2009 04:46 AM

Oh, Judy, how exciting!! Just think how beautiful it's going to look when it's finished.

I watch HGTV and most of the flipping/home makeover shows to get decorating ideas and just love what they manage to do with an otherwise dull interior.

Have you ever had hardwood floors before? If not, just be careful until you get used to them......they're slippery!!

Please post pictures when they're finished!! :)

Thumper2 03-23-2009 05:11 AM

You must be so excited Judy. I'm starting the same thing in two weeks, new hardwood floors, carpeting coming out. Just keep focusing on the finished product. Hang in there :hug:

AfterMyNap 03-23-2009 08:41 AM

This is so exciting! I have a fantasy of doing the same thing here. Carpet is so overrated, I miss my old wood floors from my days of yore.

Keep the faith, Judy, you can look forward to clean-up day and the moment when you get to say, "Ah, it is well!" :)

DM 03-23-2009 08:45 AM

How cool, Judy! We ripped up our living room carpeting yrs ago, as had covered the hardwood floors underneath when the kid's were babies. My hardwood floors are a little more work than the newer versions, but they are so beautiful, as they are the original floors and require a finish to keep them from looking dull. But, I love them and just dust mop every few days. Mine aren't slippery, but you have to be careful what you put on the dustmop, as some products can make them slick.
Also, my allergies improved some w/the carpet out. My bedrooms are hardwood too.

It is a pain to have workers in and out; we did some remodeling a few yrs ago, but the finished product is so worth it. Hang in there; in a few wks you'll be grinning from ear to ear.

azoyizes 03-23-2009 08:49 AM

Judy, I'm so happy for you! :hug: Hardwood floors are super nice, and beautiful. I've never had ceramic tile, but I hear it's easy to take care of, and it looks so nice. New paint will make a big difference, especially adding some color.

It will be a mess until it's finished, but it will be worth the mess!

Of course, we expect pictures! :)

SallyC 03-23-2009 09:59 AM

Cool!!! Sitting here praying for Judy so she keeps her cool through all this mess. Like having a baby... the results are worth it.

I hope you get considerate workmen, like I had. They were very considerate of my disability and always made room for me to get around. They even put the toilet in first so I wouldn't have to go to the basement to potty..:D

Good luck..:hug:

gardengrl 03-23-2009 10:11 AM

Slippery?

[QUOTE=DM;485340]
Mine aren't slippery, but you have to be careful what you put on the dustmop, as some products can make them slick.
Also, my allergies improved some w/the carpet out. My bedrooms are hardwood too.
QUOTE]

Prayers headed your way Judy!:)

Can I ask if the Hardwood or Bamboo flooring is better or worse for my mom? She walks every second of every day. I have carpets..hate them & wanted bamboo flooring....but now re-thinking due to slippery issue?:confused:

NurseNancy 03-23-2009 03:36 PM

i think that is so exciting.
give up your neatnesss gene to the neatness genie.

keep you eye on the prize.

sabimax 03-23-2009 04:15 PM

hugsss breathe thru it, it will be beautiful, hugsss
I am on my way in few weeks then, gotta come see it right..hehe wish hugsss,sarah