NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Pathology report (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/97068-pathology-report.html)

maryec 08-10-2009 06:58 AM

Pathology report

Well got the staples out, I had 20 of them, yuk ! I received my pathology report, & need to fax to my neuro now so he can put it all together. Not good news, I have denervation, varied fiber size, type II atrophy with scattered type I atrophy small grouping. Sural nerve which is a sensory nerve is normal, no vasculitis. I was hoping it was an immflamatory conditon, but looks otherwise, I will leave it to my neuro to figure out, but am worried! Hoping for good news!
Mary

Pat 110 08-10-2009 08:17 AM

Hi Mary,

I am so sorry you didn't get better news.:( I hope you will be seeing your neuro soon and he will have a treatment plan. You have been through so much. I hope you are feeling a little more comfortable since they removed the staples. I will be keeping good thoughts. Take care.;)

Big Hugs,
Pat

Joanmarie63 08-10-2009 08:36 AM

:grouphug: I wish it were better news, you will be in my thoughts, please keep us updated :grouphug:

Tbarney 08-10-2009 10:29 AM

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

suev 08-10-2009 10:34 AM

Mary,

Very sorry to hear your news. I'm glad you have more definition on what's going on - but sorry that test results are as they are.

Pls. let us know what neuro says. You are a strong person with great optimism which I admire very much.

You'll be in my thoughts,
Sue

allen L 08-10-2009 11:59 AM

sending good vibes to you from up here.

erinhermes 08-10-2009 12:25 PM

Hi Mary!

Hey sweetie!:hug:

I am so sorry you are going through this. I know this sounds really silly, but I don't understand exactly what it is you are saying......is this some sort of degenerative disease? Are there any meds you can take to help? What is your dr's prognosis?

I know you are worn out - -20 staples - ouch! - but please let me know when you have the time/energy!

My thoughts and prayers are always with you!

Love,
Erin:hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryec (Post 549810)
Well got the staples out, I had 20 of them, yuk ! I received my pathology report, & need to fax to my neuro now so he can put it all together. Not good news, I have denervation, varied fiber size, type II atrophy with scattered type I atrophy small grouping. Sural nerve which is a sensory nerve is normal, no vasculitis. I was hoping it was an immflamatory conditon, but looks otherwise, I will leave it to my neuro to figure out, but am worried! Hoping for good news!
Mary

maryec 08-10-2009 01:44 PM

Thank you all!
Erin, I posted the pathology report from my muscle biopsy, I am going to see my Neuro, once he puts everything together, for a diagnosis, he needs clinical ( what he has observed during our office visits), all those labs I had done, my EMG & NCV, & pathology from my nerve & muscle biopsies, he will put all those together & hopefully we will have an answer, I may need to have a spinal & mri of my brain redone as the last time was 2004 & I do have left tempral lobe lesions, with one frontal lobe lesion, not MS they said though at the time. I do know denervation atrophy is not good though.
I will keep you all posted
Mary

SharS 08-11-2009 12:52 AM

Thanks for keeping us updated, Mary. I am sorry for the results you've received but hopeful your neuro can make things better. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

rezmommy 08-11-2009 06:18 PM

Thinking of you Mary!