NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Daily Struggle (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/205420-daily-struggle.html)

lbfarmboy 06-09-2014 10:45 AM

Daily Struggle

I just posted this, but for some reason it never showed up as a new thread. I need to know if there could be a connection between severe gastritis caused by a h-pylori infection which I was treated for 11 mos. ago and confirmed erradicated and small nerve fiber neuropathy? I am on B-12 shots monthly and 1500 mcg of b-12 orally on a daily basis, Pain is severe and comes and goes.....gastritis causes pain and burning in the stomach area and when this is going on the neuropathy symptoms are bad....when the gastritis calms down, the neuropathy almost completely disappears. Gastritis causes nutritional absorbtion problems is what I was told....The neuropathy was diagnosed as idiopathic in 2009 and have suffered greatly from pain, numbness, sexual dysfunction and tremor. Anyone that could help me, pls. reply and thanks in advance!

Kitt 06-09-2014 01:05 PM

Welcome lbfarmboy. :welcome_sign:

Someone will be along to help.

AussieDebbie 06-10-2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbfarmboy (Post 1074605)
I just posted this, but for some reason it never showed up as a new thread. I need to know if there could be a connection between severe gastritis caused by a h-pylori infection which I was treated for 11 mos. ago and confirmed erradicated and small nerve fiber neuropathy? I am on B-12 shots monthly and 1500 mcg of b-12 orally on a daily basis, Pain is severe and comes and goes.....gastritis causes pain and burning in the stomach area and when this is going on the neuropathy symptoms are bad....when the gastritis calms down, the neuropathy almost completely disappears. Gastritis causes nutritional absorbtion problems is what I was told....The neuropathy was diagnosed as idiopathic in 2009 and have suffered greatly from pain, numbness, sexual dysfunction and tremor. Anyone that could help me, pls. reply and thanks in advance!

In case you don't know, 'Idiopathic' means unknown cause.

There are some very informed helpers on this forum, so someone with more insight than me should come along soon to help you.

In the meantime, I just wanted to throw an idea out there for you to ponder. Gluten Sensitivity. It would fit with everything you describe. My symptoms were similar to yours. Since removing gluten from my diet the stomach troubles (for decades diagnosed as Stomach Ulsers) have stopped giving me pain shortly after meals, hopefully I'm absorbing B12 and Iron better now, and a fog has lifted from my brain.

Consider looking into it.

One thing I've learned from this experience, and from this forum is you need to be proactive and seek answers yourself. Doctors will throw pills at you, run expensive painful tests, etc. Rarely will they consider a dietary response.

Welcome to our forum. Someone really informed should answer your query real soon. Cheers!

Debbie

lddavis123 06-10-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieDebbie (Post 1074829)
In case you don't know, 'Idiopathic' means unknown cause.

There are some very informed helpers on this forum, so someone with more insight than me should come along soon to help you.

In the meantime, I just wanted to throw an idea out there for you to ponder. Gluten Sensitivity. It would fit with everything you describe. My symptoms were similar to yours. Since removing gluten from my diet the stomach troubles (for decades diagnosed as Stomach Ulsers) have stopped giving me pain shortly after meals, hopefully I'm absorbing B12 and Iron better now, and a fog has lifted from my brain.

Consider looking into it.

One thing I've learned from this experience, and from this forum is you need to be proactive and seek answers yourself. Doctors will throw pills at you, run expensive painful tests, etc. Rarely will they consider a dietary response.

Welcome to our forum. Someone really informed should answer your query real soon. Cheers!

Debbie

Debbie; I agree, I'm starting a Gluten Free diet, eating better in general, having a better attitude. I have idopathic neuropthy in my feet, legs and hands. and now have joint pain in my anckles, hips and wrists, yes it's very painful but I'm doing everything I can to make my life better, seeking answers so I can deal with the pain.
I have filed for disability and at first was denied, so I sent an appeals letter and they are reconsidering my case, havnt heard anything yet., I do have an attorney. I dont understand how they could think my issues arnt bad enough to file for disability, when every day is a struggle and is painful, I cant lead a normal life or work. :confused:

Kitt 06-10-2014 03:48 PM

:Wave-Hello: Welcome ldDavis123.

AussieDebbie 06-13-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lddavis123 (Post 1074905)
Debbie; I agree, I'm starting a Gluten Free diet, eating better in general, having a better attitude. I have idopathic neuropthy in my feet, legs and hands. and now have joint pain in my anckles, hips and wrists, yes it's very painful but I'm doing everything I can to make my life better, seeking answers so I can deal with the pain.
I have filed for disability and at first was denied, so I sent an appeals letter and they are reconsidering my case, havnt heard anything yet., I do have an attorney. I dont understand how they could think my issues arnt bad enough to file for disability, when every day is a struggle and is painful, I cant lead a normal life or work. :confused:

Hi Iddavis,

I truly hope your disability appeal is accepted. I'd cross my fingers for you if it wasn't so painful!! LOL

Best of luck, please let us know how it works out.

Debs :)