NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Summer Heat Whine Thread . . . . (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/47947-summer-heat-whine-thread.html)

tkrik 06-14-2008 08:28 PM

Summer Heat Whine Thread . . . .

It's like, I don't know, 106 out today and this heat is killing me. I brought some laundry out to the car to bring to DBF's to wash. The car is only maybe 50 feet from my front door. On the way back to the house, my vision gets blurry. That crappy blurry vision I get often during the summer months. UGH! I was supposed to get DD16 from her friends house too. Fumbling through the numbers on the phone I had to call her to tell her that I was going to be late. Thank goodness her sweet friend offered to bring her home.

Passing the whine COOLER . . . .

Twinkletoes 06-14-2008 08:52 PM

Uh, maybe we'd better choose a cooler venue for the GTG. Alaska GTG anyone? ;)

karousel 06-14-2008 09:04 PM

Every time I want to whine about the heat or humidity here, I just think about all you guys that have such high temps! 106!!

Passing the whine cooler...

Taffy 06-14-2008 09:34 PM

Oh...you probably don't want the weather report from Washington State today then do ya?

lady_express_44 06-14-2008 09:52 PM

Most of North Western US and BC have had probably a total of 3 days of sunshine all Spring. BRING ON THE HEAT!!! (I HATE cold!)

They should make portable air conditioners, eh?

Cherie

SallyC 06-14-2008 10:17 PM

It's not quite that hot here, TK, but it doesn't matter, because anything over 80 with humidity, kills me. This is not the warmest summer we've had, but it seems to be my worst summer, so far,for me.. I just hate it..:mad:

I don't even get out of the house that much, but it's still bothering me. and since I took that spill, everything seems multiplied a 100 times..Ya know..

Thanks for the heat whine thread, TK.. I hope it gets cooler there, for you..:hug:

MSacorn 06-14-2008 11:24 PM

Thanks for the thread. I whine daily on the subject. At least 1/2 of our days this month have been 85+ and lots of the dreadful humidity. :eek:

I seriously considering going back to Colorado. At least there when it's 90 the sweat evaporates before I feel it. :D I never got sunburned there either. Any MSers in CO, looking for a housemate? ;)

There's a pool in the backyard, but it's too hot to be in the sun. And I burn easily too. Unfortunately, I'm the only one in the family that doesn't handle the sun well. Tomorrow the plan is to cookout, swim, and bake in the sun. I'lll be the one under the umbrella with the SPF 5000 sunscreen.

There, (taking a deep breath), jumping off my :Soapbox: I'm feeling cooler already. :rolleyes: I wish.

:hug:

SandyC 06-14-2008 11:30 PM

It's been cooler here. Jim's feet haven't swelled so the humidity isn't so bad. But oh, a week or so ago it was brutal! Even at 70 degrees the water in the air was thick. This next week is going to be cool and we are going to enjoy it while we can. I just know old man heat is waiting around the corner to fire us up on that grill!

Kitty 06-15-2008 04:57 AM

We've had unusually hot weather here in GA - upper 90's!! We usually don't get that until August - and it's just the first of June!!

I have been staying inside for the most part - only venturing out to get the mail. I know my neighbors must think I drink.....as I stagger out to the mailbox in my pajama pants and t-shirt at 2 o'clock in the afternoon!! :eek:

I want to complain about the heat - and then I see a news story about the elderly in downtown Atlanta who live in a hi-rise and have had no A/C in months.....makes me ashamed as I sit in my nice cool house with the ceiling fans running. :o

I get the blurry vision, too, when the heat zaps me. And the dizziness. I hate it but what are we gonna do.....? I remember when we used to have the pool - it'd be great for the first month or so then it was like jumping in bath water it got so warm. Seemed pointless to keep it going during the hottest months...:rolleyes:

Oh well....look at the bright side....just 6 more months till Christmas!!! :p

Blessings2You 06-15-2008 05:58 AM

Only six months until Christmas?? And that's the BRIGHT side????