NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   Looking for TOS Dr's in Florida (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/10919-looking-tos-drs-florida.html)

Dolfinz 01-11-2007 05:45 PM

Looking for TOS Dr's in Florida

Hi everyone !!

I am searching for a TOS Doctor that is in FLorida. I am hoping to find someone in the Tampa to Ft. Meyers area. I am hoping to move to that area and I am beginning my Doctor search. If anyone can help me that would be great !

Thanks to everyone,
Hugs,
Dolfinz

astern 01-12-2007 08:20 AM

OH Dolphinz.... I don't have time to post but will come back later with the info I have. I was dx in St. Pete by a fine Neurologist, but he is not capable to do the surgery. I had a resection attempted in Tampa that went horribly wrong.

Please don't get your hopes up... I found no one in FL.

Perhaps someone knows of a Dr there? But I do not.

Great PT guy in Ft Lauderdale!

back later,
Anne

dabbo 01-12-2007 08:27 AM

Try sending a PM to Peg24 - I think she's in Southern FL Area....

trix 01-12-2007 09:35 AM

did you check the sticky Dr.'s list at the top?

watsonsh 01-12-2007 12:35 PM

Hi Guys,

Was talking to Peg last night in the chat room and she said that she had her surgery at the Univ of South Florida.

Hope that helps

astern 01-12-2007 01:34 PM

USF is an excellent hospital, my MIL had major brain surgery there - 16hr procedure and came thru better than ever!

However, I suspect that surgeons down there don't do these resections too often, and are wanting the experience/willing to try. It's far safer to use a surgeon who does several of these a week, ya know? Flying is surprisingly do-able, just requires some coordination. Airlines are very flexible for those having medical procedures.

I had such a hard time making the leap of faith - that expert care could not be found in my state. But when you look at how serious the procedure is and how important aftercare is, it's the wise choice is to seek the experience over geographical location.

For PT in Ft. Lauderdale, I use:

Kurt Klein
Accucare P.T.
954-472-7526

My Neurologist in St. Petersburg was:

Dr. DeSousa
66th St. N
(you'll have to call info for his #)

Best of luck, Dolfinz!
Anne

Dolfinz 01-12-2007 06:29 PM

Hi everyone....:)

Thanks so much for the info. I have checked the sticky's.. only in Hollywood. And the reason right now that I have not checked any further on going out of state is my Finances are not to good.

But I did talk with Dr. Sander's via phone and e-mail I faxed him a copy of my MRI'S nd MRA and he said he would take me as a patient if I could get out there.. Ya right..(sigh, sniff, sniff,) but that is why Florida because I have support there... Shelly, Thank You for talking to Peg24, I e-mailed her.. tell her Thank You for the info please. Everyone else , if any one elseknows any other people please let me know o.k. ?

Hugs to everyone....

Peg24 01-12-2007 08:50 PM

Good one

Dolfinz,

I hope you got my email.

Dr. Dennis Bandyk, UCF, Tampa.

DDayMBB 01-13-2007 12:32 PM

If you find any Docs. in your are that are noteable, please PM me and I will add them to the doctors list. Finz, I agree about Sanders, and in person even a nicer person... though be prepared if you see him, his exam is long and a bit of an ouch, which think hurts him also :)
Mark-n-Goober

Dolfinz 01-13-2007 07:05 PM

Hi all..
DDAYMBB.. I will I'm hoping a few more users will let me know some more . and I will let you know if I find a new one for sure !... Peg I did.. Again.. a big Thank You.... I am going to call in a week or so and see what I can do.. maybe I can get an Appt.!

Hugs,
Dolfinz