NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Spinal Disorders & Back Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/)
-   -   i have a small bulgeing disc at the L5 (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/191993-bulgeing-disc-l5.html)

inchronicpain 07-27-2013 06:35 PM

i have a small bulgeing disc at the L5

i went to my pain managent doctor where i live at now he looked at my MRI I had done in Indiana and he said you have a small disc bulge of L5 I think in my lower back and also have mild arthritis in my back to .

he also wants me to do water pt and he put me on 2 meds for pain that I have to take them together.

i knew something was wrong with my lower back but they kept telling me the mri showed nothing and this doctor here seen it when he looked at the mri and the doctor in Indiana missed it and i also have sciatica.

inchronicpain 07-31-2013 11:22 PM

i am also sick on top of everything else

Quote:

Originally Posted by inchronicpain (Post 1002961)
i went to my pain managent doctor where i live at now he looked at my MRI I had done in Indiana and he said you have a small disc bulge of L5 I think in my lower back and also have mild arthritis in my back to .

he also wants me to do water pt and he put me on 2 meds for pain that I have to take them together.

i knew something was wrong with my lower back but they kept telling me the mri showed nothing and this doctor here seen it when he looked at the mri and the doctor in Indiana missed it and i also have sciatica.

i am also sick on top of everything else I have a really bad cold and its flared my asthma up and I been coughing and having asthma attacks because of the cold I have having trouble breathing and also running a fever and coughing like I am sure not helping my back my back is killing me

Hopeless 07-31-2013 11:30 PM

We have several overlapping symptoms and I would love to respond more to you than time permits tonight. I am having a procedure at 7 AM tomorrow morning so I need to turn in very soon. I will be back in touch as soon as possible.

inchronicpain 08-01-2013 04:07 PM

i understand that if you cant and not up to responding thats ok

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopeless (Post 1003963)
We have several overlapping symptoms and I would love to respond more to you than time permits tonight. I am having a procedure at 7 AM tomorrow morning so I need to turn in very soon. I will be back in touch as soon as possible.

Hopeless 08-01-2013 06:56 PM

Short

Quote:

Originally Posted by inchronicpain (Post 1004119)

I popped in tonight just for a moment to let you know I have not forgotten you. I will definitely try to write more tomorrow. I have to hit the sack.

Hopeless 08-02-2013 08:34 PM

First things first

Quote:

Originally Posted by inchronicpain (Post 1003960)
i am also sick on top of everything else I have a really bad cold and its flared my asthma up and I been coughing and having asthma attacks because of the cold I have having trouble breathing and also running a fever and coughing like I am sure not helping my back my back is killing me

I hope you are feeling better from your bad cold. Coughing when your back aready hurts is awful. I am sorry I am tardy replying. I will reply also to your original post so I can see it as I write. My mind is gone and I can't remember what I want to say unless I have something to jog the ole memory. Look for a response there.

Hopeless 08-02-2013 08:53 PM

Good outcome

Quote:

Originally Posted by inchronicpain (Post 1002961)

Hi inchronicpain,

I had an MRI show disc problems at L5, S1 several (13) years ago. Also had degenerative discs. I was sent to physical therapy (water) for many weeks. It was nice to be in the water, but it did nothing for helping with my pain. I was sent to an orthopedic surgeon and he sent me for a diskography. That made the ortho decide I needed back surgery. I got a second opinion from a neurosurgeon and he said, Yes, you do have a back problem, but back surgery will not fix the nerve damage in your leg. I declined to have the back surgery since it was not going to fix my pain. Much to my surprise, a recent MRI did not show any bulging or herniated disc at L5, S1. It had healed on its own. That is the good outcome. Now to the rest of the story, the recent MRI did show herniated discs and bulging discs, degenerative discs, and other problems in OTHER areas of my spine. BUT, the old disc bulge and herniation is no longer there. This time no one is suggesting or recommending back surgery.

How long have you had sciatica? Do you have constant or intermittent pain with it? Is the pain in your back more painful than the pain from your sciatica? Is anyone doing anything about your endometriosis? The rest of your post is out of my view so I don't know what else you stated. Do I have the info correct? Are you getting treatment for your 2005 trauma?

Please let us hear back from you. Wishing you the best. Are the meds from your pain mgt. doc helping?

I can't take any pain meds, even OTC, because of a bunch of other medical conditions. I am limited to an occasional, ... very seldom Tylenol.

Hopeless 08-02-2013 08:58 PM

Ncs

Quote:

Originally Posted by inchronicpain (Post 1004119)

When is your NCS scheduled? Your post said April but I am guessing you meant August. Have you had one before? Are they doing both an NCS and EMG or just an NCS?

Hope you are feeling better from your cold. Drop us a line.

inchronicpain 08-02-2013 10:18 PM

i had the nerve test done already

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopeless (Post 1004412)
When is your NCS scheduled? Your post said April but I am guessing you meant August. Have you had one before? Are they doing both an NCS and EMG or just an NCS?

Hope you are feeling better from your cold. Drop us a line.

i had the nerve test done already before I moved here where I am now I was from Indiana and they did the test there I had a EMG done there said it came back fine but these doctor here say that I have sciatica I have not had any test here yet to prove it .

the pm doctor here did say something about testing me for it but told me I have it and no the pain meds the pm doctor gave me are not helping me at all not touching my pain.

I am breathing better have not had to use my inhaler in 2 days but I am still not feeling very good at all and about the endometriosis I have had 3 surgerys for it but I still have to find a doctor here for that

Hopeless 08-07-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inchronicpain (Post 1004425)
i had the nerve test done already before I moved here where I am now I was from Indiana and they did the test there I had a EMG done there said it came back fine but these doctor here say that I have sciatica I have not had any test here yet to prove it .

the pm doctor here did say something about testing me for it but told me I have it and no the pain meds the pm doctor gave me are not helping me at all not touching my pain.

I am breathing better have not had to use my inhaler in 2 days but I am still not feeling very good at all and about the endometriosis I have had 3 surgerys for it but I still have to find a doctor here for that

Hi inchronicpain,

I am sorry I am tardy with this reply. I sometimes have trouble finding threads after I have posted a response. I sure hope you are feeling better, at least from your cold symptoms if not from your other problems. Any news with your other conditions? How is the sciatica? Looking forward to hearing from you and I hope I can find this tread again.