NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Waiting with Patience and Faith (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/204080-waiting-patience-faith.html)

Snoopy 05-04-2014 04:42 PM

Waiting with Patience and Faith

Well, I had eye surgery on Wednesday April 30th.

For approximately 2 months I have been dealing with a growth on my left eyeball. It was an ugly looking thing that could swell and make closing my eye difficult. It was always changing but never went away.

My Ophthalmologist didn't know what it was and the eye surgeon wasn't sure either. That makes one feel a tad bit uncomfortable, to say the least.

The eye surgeon did remove it and has sent it out to be biopsied. I go back in on Thursday May 8th and will hopefully find out what the heck that thing was.

This has been another learning experience on having patience and faith that all will be fine.

Thanks for listening, only my husband and children know about this and I don't want to worry them any more than they already are.

Jappy 05-04-2014 05:16 PM

Wishing you a speedy recovery Snoop :hug::hug:

Jappy:)

Kitty 05-04-2014 05:49 PM

I hope you get some good news when you go back on the 8th.

If both doctors didn't know what it was maybe this will help them diagnose others in the future who might have the same condition. Should be quite the learning experience for both of them.

SallyC 05-04-2014 08:26 PM

So sorry that you had to go through this, Snoopy. It must be very hard
on you and your family. I'll be praying that it was just a benign kind of
dingy and you will have no further trouble with it.:hug::hug:

Sparky10 05-05-2014 09:12 AM

Hi Snoopy! Here's hoping it's nothing but a thing (old Cajun saying). Or a dingy, like Sally called it. Fingers are crossed for you! :) Please let us know what you find out.

Snoopy 05-05-2014 09:32 AM

Jappy:
Quote:

Wishing you a speedy recovery Snoop
Thank you, Jappy. It's nice to see you are still posting :hug:

Kitty:
Quote:

I hope you get some good news when you go back on the 8th.

If both doctors didn't know what it was maybe this will help them diagnose others in the future who might have the same condition. Should be quite the learning experience for both of them.
Thanks, Kitty :hug:

It's a learning experience for me, too. :eek: :)

Although my experience may help some other patient some day I really don't like being on display for other Drs and Interns because I have something that isn't normally, or has never been seen. Had this happen through my childhood and into adulthood due to congenital cataracts.

Just love a bunch of medical people taking turns to look :eek:

Sally:
Quote:

So sorry that you had to go through this, Snoopy. It must be very hard
on you and your family. I'll be praying that it was just a benign kind of
dingy and you will have no further trouble with it
Thank you, Sally :hug:

I'm hoping for benign, that's always a good thing :)

Sparky:
Quote:

Hi Snoopy! Here's hoping it's nothing but a thing (old Cajun saying). Or a dingy, like Sally called it. Fingers are crossed for you! Please let us know what you find out.
Hi Sparky. I am keeping my fingers crossed too :). I will let everyone know what I find out.

ANNagain 05-05-2014 12:12 PM

Snoopy, hoping w others that the path is just some odd thing w no worry attached.

Best to you, ANN

tkrik 05-05-2014 04:01 PM

Saying some prayers for you Snoopy! :hug::hug: I hope all turns out ok. Please keep us posted.

Snoopy 05-05-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANNagain (Post 1067657)
Snoopy, hoping w others that the path is just some odd thing w no worry attached.

Best to you, ANN

Thank you, Ann.

tkrik:
Quote:

Saying some prayers for you Snoopy! I hope all turns out ok.
Thank you, tk.

I appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers. I have come to a place in my life where I truly put my trust and faith in God regardless of the outcome of a situation. I have experienced some...interesting...things this past year which has strengthened by belief, faith and trust in the Lord.

Whatever the biopsy says, I will be fine.

Blessings2You 05-05-2014 05:30 PM

Praying that you hear the words "good news" from both doctors.