NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Head rushes? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/188622-head-rushes.html)

EricP 05-16-2013 10:09 PM

Head rushes?

When I am outside and now that it is almost summer and warmer I've been getting these extreme, almost fainting head rushes that feel like it will make me faint. I have to literally stop and let it pass.
Mom says it's my blood pressure as I do have slight blood pressure elevation and have to watch my sodium.

Does this sound familiar to you?

Erin524 05-16-2013 10:13 PM

sounds like the problems I have with vertigo occasionally.

SallyC 05-17-2013 10:25 AM

I've had those, especially in the heat, Eric and my blood pressure
is normal. Of course it may be that my BP rises in the extreme
heat and that's what causes it. That makes sense.

Do what I do and stay outta the heat. :hug:

Kitty 05-17-2013 12:29 PM

I avoid heat at all costs. I simply cannot tolerate it. I did get that faint feeling before when I was able to get out more often and got overheated. If I were you I'd get my BP checked and tell the doctor what symptoms you're having. It's easy to blame everything on MS but sometimes it's just not MS causing the problems.

karilann 05-17-2013 02:30 PM

I get the same thing but its more when I stand up or bend down.
I thought it was blood pressure but I bought a bp cuff and everything is ok there.
Then I noticed it when I've had caffiene.
I've mentioned it to my docs but they don't seem to be too concerned.

I've had a lot of strange things happen since my MS.
My husband is so used to me saying "Oooo dizzy, gonna pass out......okay its gone" He doesn't even stop to ask me if I'm alright!
I call it "light headed" because to me its not quite a "dizzy"
My vision can even black out for just a second when I feel a bad one.
Also don't underestimate what low blood sugar can do.

Debbie D 05-20-2013 08:29 AM

I have this on occasion. When I get out of the car, stand up fast and start walking, I get this feeling as if I have a tight helmet on. My hearing lessens, and then I get a swooshing sound in my ears.
I was told it is positional migraine, as a result of getting up quickly and moving. It doesn't happen as often as it did in the past, but it's scary. It lets up after about a minute. I have to remember to stand and wait for a half minute before moving so the blood pressure can regulate...but I always forget:rolleyes:

GladysD 05-20-2013 05:05 PM

I get this, also.

I just had the gamut of blood work, at my last GP annual physical. I was thinking, BP or Anemia or anything else, under the sun.

Could either be dehydration or side effects to meds or MS, if you ask me. My GP said, could be my MS. So, perhaps, it could just be MS? Could be a fluke, don't know. Just know, that wow...here we all are, on this thread, posting that we have similar experiences.

AynaDee 05-21-2013 06:54 PM

I do experience this as well!

Thought it wad blood pressure too, but bp is fine

I have noticed when these head rushes come on,my speech gets super slurred and slows down and if im walking my legs start to stiffen up and its hard to make them move.

Have you noticed anything physical like that when it happens?

GladysD 05-21-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AynaDee (Post 985516)

I have noticed when these head rushes come on,my speech gets super slurred and slows down and if im walking my legs start to stiffen up and its hard to make them move.

Almost, feels like my CNS is fighting with my muscles. Hard to describe.

EricP 05-22-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AynaDee (Post 985516)

I usually have to completely stop and let the 7 second rush, pass. Then I can go about things. I noticed that I see a lot of blackness in my vision when it happens though. My BP was fine, according to the Wal-Mart BP machine:D

I think it's the recent heat wave.