NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Vitamins, Nutrients, Herbs and Supplements (https://www.neurotalk.org/vitamins-nutrients-herbs-and-supplements/)
-   -   Vit B causing Anger - Temper? Please help me out - confused! (https://www.neurotalk.org/vitamins-nutrients-herbs-and-supplements/213262-vit-causing-anger-temper-please-help-confused.html)

xyz1 12-08-2014 03:10 PM

Vit B causing Anger - Temper? Please help me out - confused!

Hi, I have Adrenal Fatigue very much so! Like I am walking in thick deep mud most of the time. I started taking some different vits & herbs after doing research on this subject for several weeks. I have noticed a huge difference for the better within just a few weeks. I am only adding a few things to my intake at a time so I know what helps/harms.

At first I was in LOVE with the multi B sup (Jarrow brand) that I got. That lasted about 2 weeks. Then I started to get quite angry within a hour of taking it. Research suggested to me it was the niacin part, so I bought a B 12 5000 that I could break up into 4 parts. (Jarrow Methyl B-12) and it seems to be doing the trick. I usually only need 1/4 of a pill, some rough days I need to take a 1/4 pill 2 times. I've been doing this for about 10 days now. Not taking any other B's in any form right now other then this B12.

So then that left me looking to buy ALL the other B vits 1 by 1 - (as to fully treat Adrenal Fatigue I need to have more then B 12) very costly and a huge pain in the bum. NOW after more research I am finding people say B1, B 6 etc gives them temper/anger issues. So I am totally confused which B could had caused my own anger/temper issues. How do I know with out buying bottle after bottle? That would be a huge waste of money - very timing consuming as well.

Are there any B Vits "experts" here that can help shed some light on the probable B vits that cause anger/temper irritation issues?

mrsD 12-08-2014 03:44 PM

You could space your doses like every other day or every 3rd day, and still get plenty for your Bcomplex.

I get irritable on folate. So I only take that occasionally.
Folate is used by some doctors to treat depression. It is high dose then --7.5mg a day-- and called Deplin (RX)
But I get irritable on daily 800mcg folate. So I do watch that.

I have no problems with B1.

People do differ...one's experience may not match others'.

xyz1 12-08-2014 03:51 PM

In the multi the Folate is 400 mcg - is that a lot?

xyz1 12-08-2014 04:01 PM

sorry new here and can't find the edit button ???

I thought B were water soluble and so by not taking them daily I would not benefit?

Lara 12-08-2014 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xyz1 (Post 1111883)
In the multi the Folate is 400 mcg - is that a lot?

Hello.

Just FYI - There is good info in the iHerb Health Library about Folate including a great list of foods that are high in Folate.
Folate

xyz1 12-08-2014 04:15 PM

Thank you Lara. Headed there - right now :)

Kitt 12-08-2014 04:44 PM

Welcome xyz1. :Wave-Hello:

mrsD 12-08-2014 04:54 PM

Some B's hang around for a few days. The muscles can store B6 for example. B12 is stored in the liver.

You can use your complex every other day and it will be fine.
Even every 3 rd day. That way any side effects will dilute out.

When a person is low in B12 the folate builds up in the body. And often these people test high in folate even though not taking much. This is called the folate trap, and involves a complex system of the methylation pathway.
Some people test high in B6 without taking any supplements, and this not understood. So there are many exceptions to the water soluble --quickly excreted Bcomplex!

Folic acid is also fortified now in many foods (pastas, bread, etc)
in the US.

400mcg is not a lot either, so don't worry.

xyz1 12-08-2014 05:02 PM

I will give my multi every few days a try. I guess I thought when you pee a lot(which I do lol at this age ) then you needed to replace the B family daily ;) That could be why it worked SO well for me the first few weeks. I was on empty and then I "filled up" and developed the side effect. Never was a thought to try every few days, your help is much appreciated :)