NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   yesterday (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/234595-yesterday.html)

mymorgy 04-08-2016 08:35 AM

yesterday

i saw my psychiatrist. told him the topamax was working for the binging but not for the selection of food i was making. he told me for the past three months he lost 18 pounds. i didn't notice the difference. he is six feet tall. I always think of him as having a wonderful body and always wondered if he worked out a lot. he is in his fifties. He told he had diabetes and up until three months ago with eat donuts, scones, muffins whatever he desired. he would six slices of bread and would the bread tray at the restaurants etc. He blew my mind. Here I thought he was so very disciplined. I think my mouth must have been open most of the session. He said when he was about ten is was six feet tall and was 110 pounds and looked like a scarecrow. He said his parents are thin. I like him so much!
He loves and is so sensitive to animals.
then i went my my three month dental cleaning. the dentist saw me and just said hi. the receptionist said he is having a very busy day.. then i saw the dental hygeniest and she said my teeth looked great and better than before. because i have dry mouth i always worry about the remaining teeth falling out. then i saw the dentist again. this time he said barbara you look beautiful.
i was shocked and must have made a weird face. It is nice to hear at almost 72.
bobby

Dmom3005 04-08-2016 11:32 AM

Bobby

That is so nice. You are doing great see.

Donna :grouphug::hug:

bizi 04-08-2016 09:18 PM

I like my dentist.
glad that you like yours.
bizi

mymorgy 04-09-2016 05:03 AM

i am always anxious though. i have dry mouth and if i lose my remaining teeth or a tooth i will need a new denture or a total denture. total denture on the bottom is supposedly really difficult to wear. biotene doesn't help.
bobby

OhKay 04-09-2016 07:19 AM

I'm glad that your dentist paid you such a nice compliment! :)
I have dry mouth, too. The Biotene products don't work well for me either, but if my mouth is so dry I have a hard time falling asleep I use a little bit of the gel and it will work long enough so I am comfortable enough to fall asleep.

I'm so glad that you like your pdoc. He sounds like such a nice man. It doesn't hurt that he's so good looking either ;) I have a couple of good looking doctors, too. What did he say about your depression and anxiety? Did he increase or change any meds? Did you talk to him about Myra and Abby?

mymorgy 04-09-2016 08:02 AM

i knew you would pick it up. we mostly talked about him. the good news is that he made me a lot more comfortable. I know he knows i am still suffering over there deaths. I didn't ask for an increase in antidepressants.I told him my sleep was finally getting better. getting a new cat was bitter sweet. i forgot if i posted that my eating choices still tend to be bad and he made suggestions but i am not binging.he s really kind and empathetic.
now whether to brush pudge or start on my federal taxes. from those i would feel in what is left of my state taxes. I don't feel good. Nerves.
bobby
i bought a new keyboard AND ROBERT just installed a new wireless mouse

bizi 04-09-2016 05:16 PM

jeff does all of the computer installs etc in our house. He got an i-phone this last week, has already learned more than I have and I have had mine for 1 1/2 years.
lol

OhKay 04-10-2016 08:00 AM

I'm glad that your pdoc made you feel more comfortable and you're still not binging. Meds won't help with the food choices. That's so hard. My discipline there isn't always good either… still love my devil dogs.

I'm glad that you're sleeping better :)