NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Monday Mourning.... (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/164144-monday-mourning.html)

SallyC 01-30-2012 11:59 AM

Monday Mourning....

Ya like my play on words?:D:p

I used to dread Mon. morn., when I was still working, had to get the kids off to school and get DH on the ball.:eek:

I now love mondays because my little routine and the world gets back to normal, no pressures, no deadlines, no anxieties and no stress.:)

But, I mourn the fact that I don't have all the above with me anymore. Even a little of the anxiety & stress were a necessary evil to get and keep me going.

I'd love to be able to do all the things I used to Hate to do.;) That doesn't mean I still want to do them.......just want to be able to do them!!!

End of Whine, pass the cheese please.:grouphug:

barb02 01-30-2012 12:20 PM

I still dread Monday mornings. In fact, I dreaded it so much today that I took a sick day. It's half sick day/half mental health day:rolleyes: I did not get much sleep last night and feel a bit nauseated today. I think I may be getting a sinus infection because every time I blow my nose my ears crackle and I feel a little dizzy. I am looking forward to retirement when every day is a Saturday. I may feel differently in a year:)

Kitty 01-30-2012 12:30 PM

I feel the same way, Sally. You described it to a "T"! :)

ANNagain 01-30-2012 12:49 PM

I miss getting dressed up and walking into the ward and hearing 3 or 4 voices calling my name.

Like Sally, I don't actually want to get dressed up- those clothes are long gone. I just miss it. And the earrings and the shoes.

Not all the walking around the concrete floors, tho'.
ANN

Blessings2You 01-30-2012 01:18 PM

Very well said, everybody.

NurseNancy 01-30-2012 03:52 PM

i couldn't have said it better myself.
but, i'm still glad i'm retired. i couldn't do that grind again.
i can barely do what i'm doing already.

but, i know what you mean.

marion06095 01-30-2012 07:30 PM

I loved my job when I was working, and when I first became unable to work I used to miss it a lot. But over the years I’ve become pretty good at keeping myself amused and happy. I’ve always been a bit of a loner; so all this time alone at home just seems normal to me. Plus I have developed quite a few interests that keep me feeling fulfilled. I have often thought that I am, by nature, well suited to being disabled.

ms er since '06 01-30-2012 10:52 PM

I was really bad, Sally. I loved my job so much I used to say, "Thank God it's Monday". Who knew at age 56 the hospital would close and I would be out of a job. But the bright side is that I was at a point I almost could not work anyhow because of MS, so it was a blessing, really. And I have adjusted being at home. I hear you, Sally. Vent over (my first).:)

SallyC 01-31-2012 12:22 AM

Here's some cheese, MSer..:D

Debbie D 01-31-2012 03:28 PM

I miss interacting with people...I get what you're saying, Sal...I'd even love it if the kids came in now and didn't offer any review of their school day, like before...miss the kids' noise the most, even though I hated it back then...:(