NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Took a bad fall (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/34312-bad-fall.html)

befuddled2 12-19-2007 02:37 PM

Took a bad fall

I fell early yesterday morning and am stiff and hurting now. I think I have a conconsion.

befuddled2

frankduff 12-19-2007 03:35 PM

you need to get to your nero doctor and ordera MRI and see what is wrong It could cause a brain Injury and then you woild have to ;look into othewr things have it shecked asap

bizi 12-19-2007 07:01 PM

oh barbara, you need to see someone and be checked out especially if you have a concusion.
bizi:(

Mari 12-19-2007 09:05 PM

Dear Befuddled,
Ouch!
I hope that you are resting and healing. Does a hot bath help?

Mari

befuddled2 12-19-2007 09:18 PM

Thank you all!

I went to the emergency room early yesterday morning but they did not check for conconsion. Although, I've had one before and the docs don't do anything but tell you to take it easy. I'm not too with it today though on count of feeling woozy. And I am stiff today. I know that I to have whip lash. That was my diagnosis.

befuddled2

Mrs. Bear 12-19-2007 10:26 PM

ugh. No fair. Absolutely crapy deal, my love.

I am so sorry you fell. You rest and take it easy.

I had whiplash last year about this time. I am SO sorry. It is not pleasant.

I really hope you don't have a concusion. But take it really easy and stay down please, just in case.

You poor sweetheart. :hug:

Nikko 12-19-2007 11:24 PM

Oh no...............take it real easy. Where and how did you fall?

Did you hit your head?

Feel better soon.....

Hugs, Nikko:hug:

fiberowendy2000 12-20-2007 09:54 AM

Oh Barb...I know how you feel...I fell on Tuesday. Luckily my behind took the brunt of the fall! No need for the MRI!:D Now two days after the fall I am dealing with the pain in my hips. Oh the joys of FM!:rolleyes:
How are you feeling today? Did they give you a collar?

waves 12-20-2007 11:16 AM

Dear Barbara

I hope you will be feeling better soon. Yes, bed is the safest place for you right now. i too am curious about the collar... is't that staple for whiplash?

I don't know about that wooziness, don't get why they didn't check for concussion, but stay put until your head clears up and if it doesn't in a day or so... i would go in again.

meanwhile... well, avoid stuff like this
:Excited:

why does life have to be such * PAIN *

:Sigh:

~ waves ~ :hug:

Nikko 12-20-2007 11:28 AM

How are you feeling today?

I too don't understand why they didn't check for a concussion.:confused::eek:

Please let us know how you are doing, hopefully feeling better, if not go back to the ER ASAP.

Nikko:hug::hug: