NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Silly question here.. Should people with MS eat yogurt ? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/39454-silly-question-people-ms-eat-yogurt.html)

Kristi 02-19-2008 10:17 PM

Silly question here.. Should people with MS eat yogurt ?

I think somewhere there was something about this subject I can't remember.I don't eat yogurt that often but I picked up some Yoplait Whips and I really like some of there flavores so can I enjoy them yes, no or maybe. thanks

TheBeans 02-20-2008 12:12 AM

I think that as long as you don't have any allergies to dairy or acidopholus it's perfectly okee dokee to eat it. I love Yoplait Whips and eat them a lot!

MooseasaurusRex 02-20-2008 12:58 AM

I love the stuff. And I remember a teacher/coach from High School actually making it in class and telling us how good it was for us because of the 'active' cultures and how they help the overall digestive process.

Even after you've ate it, the live cultures stay in your guts for awhile and keep working. This was a lifetime ago, so I don't remember all the details.

Back to your original question...:o
Haven't heard anything about yogurt affecting MS in any way. Good or bad.

But that's just me...

braingonebad 02-20-2008 11:00 AM

I need the calcium, helps absorb vit d. I don't eat it daily, but often.

You'd think the cultures would be good for ya though - fighting off stuff so your immune system wouldn't have to?

hjmom 02-20-2008 08:24 PM

I admit, I don't love it, but I eat it. I thought it was good for me. :confused: I'm not a milk person at all - hate milk, so I do eat yogurt.

yeahbut 02-20-2008 08:41 PM

I eat it - specially when I am on Antibiotics - helps deter a yeast infection.

Kristi 02-20-2008 09:16 PM

Well,I'm glad it's ok to eat yogurt I just finished eating a orange creme Whips hmm hmm good.:D

tkrik 02-21-2008 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristi (Post 220073)
Well,I'm glad it's ok to eat yogurt I just finished eating a orange creme Whips hmm hmm good.:D

That is my favorite! I love the orange creme ones.

But, now I eat plain yogurt with honey and raspberries. Honey is apparently a natural antibiotic as well. The raspberries count as 1 fruit serving. The plain yogurt doesn't have as much sugar and additives.

Trader Joe's Greek Yogurt is awesome. I mix mandarin oranges in it and it tastes even better than Yoplait's (sp?) orange creme.

smiles 02-21-2008 08:18 AM

Why wouldn't it be ok?

I like a little maple syrup mixed with the vanilla.

Kristi 02-21-2008 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by smiles
Why wouldn't it be ok?

I like a little maple syrup mixed with the vanilla.

Well, see I though I read somewhere that people with auto-immune diseases like MS that we should't eat yogurt because of the live cultures or some darn thing well I'm glad I was wrong about it.