NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   A Prayer For My Brother. (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/21239-prayer-brother.html)

SallyC 06-06-2007 10:45 AM

A Prayer For My Brother.

My Brother has been fighting, what started out as Prostate Cancer for almost 5 years, now. In the last year it has mastisized to his bones and he has been, slowly going down hill.

Yesterday my Niece (his DD) called me from his home in Fla...she had driven in from her home in Atlanta, so that I could talk to him for the last time and say goodby. He couldn't talk, but he could listen. I'm wasn't ready. Are we ever?

Later on, yesterday, his DD called me back and said that my bro wanted to talk to me. :eek: I said....What? It seems that he rallied a bit and wanted to assure me that he was not leaving quite yet.:D Anyway I talked to him again this morning and he is having a wonderful time talking and joking with his Family all around him.

I talked to his wife, and he is indeed, not long for this world, but rally he did. She and Nurse were shocked.

I am going to miss him more than I can say. He has been my Friend and my Rock, especially since my DH passed away.

A Prayer for his departure from Earth and his arrival to Heaven will be so appreciated and for us survivors, to go on without him.

Thanks and Love,

Sally

Curious 06-06-2007 10:51 AM

i'm so sorry to hear this sally.

awww sally :hug:

i do know how you feel. my brother was my best buddy. it devastated me when he died of cancer. he was only 35.

a loss of a sibling is something that we just can't imagine.

i am so happy that you were able to talk to him. that will be a comfort for you in the future.

may the lord accept him with open loving arms. may he grant you and your family peace to know he is no longer suffering and that he will be watching over you until you are togethr again.

i'm here for you sally. :hug:

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-06-2007 11:08 AM

I am glad you had a chance to talk to him Sally.

A friend of ours went through the same thing. Exactly. He had prostate cancer that mestasized in his bones. He went through chemo and radiation twice along with an experiemental tx. When it came back for the 3rd time, he said no more. He was too weak and brittle to fight any longer. He was a good dear friend and we still miss him. His wife is like a second (maybe 3rd) mother to me.

Take care of what you need to take care of Sally and know that he is in good hands.

AfterMyNap 06-06-2007 11:09 AM

Oh, Sal, I'm so sorry, it has to be gut-wrenching. I haven't had to face this and hope I go first so I won't.

You, your brother, and his family have my prayers for peace and healing through the Great Healer. May He bless you all.

azoyizes 06-06-2007 02:40 PM

Sally, I am so very sorry about your brother. No, we are never ready for something like this happening to a loved one. Please know that you and your brother are in my thoughts and prayers.

Riverwild 06-06-2007 04:36 PM

Words cannot express how I feel for you at this time, Sal.

I also lost my brother, and there is nothing else I can say except we are here for you.

JessieSue 06-06-2007 04:57 PM

Sending you lots of love, many, many hugs and endless prayers Sally!
~~~Jess

watsonsh 06-06-2007 04:59 PM

I am so sorry to hear this. Sending hugs, thoughts and many prayers :hug:

MSacorn 06-06-2007 06:30 PM

Sally
I am hurting for you. You and your dear brother have my thoughts and prayers. Lots of hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Beth

Taffy 06-06-2007 06:34 PM

Sorry Sally. It is that circle of life thing...the part I don't care for!

You were given a great gift. To hear you dear brother again.

((((hugs and prayers for Sally and brother)))))