NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   weird scaley skin patches (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/218700-weird-scaley-skin-patches.html)

crpsspoonie12 04-12-2015 05:02 AM

weird scaley skin patches

Hey guys,

So for the last few weeks I have gotten these weird scaley and red skin patches on my body- and not just in the RSD areas- as well as my fingers on both hands looking as they have been chemically burned (skin is very puckered and dry). Has anyone else experienced this? I'm trying to just rule out if it is RSD related or something else. Thanks :grouphug:

Littlepaw 04-12-2015 11:05 AM

If it isn't the lingering effects of winter on dry skin and moisturizing doesn't help then my concern would be that the effect is systemic if you are having it all over. I would hate to think CRPS is doing that to you. Are you possibly having an allergic reaction to anything? Any new meds or supplements that correlate?

Sending Healing Love,
Littlepaw

Enna70 04-12-2015 11:28 AM

That's interesting because I have 'patches' too...well more like dots...but not on my leg but both my arms....don't know why and haven't been able to heal them either....it's not due to cold weather; :grouphug:

Russell 04-12-2015 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crpsspoonie12 (Post 1135187)
Hey guys,

So for the last few weeks I have gotten these weird scaley and red skin patches on my body- and not just in the RSD areas- as well as my fingers on both hands looking as they have been chemically burned (skin is very puckered and dry). Has anyone else experienced this? I'm trying to just rule out if it is RSD related or something else. Thanks :grouphug:

Hi Spoonie,
I have bad patches like what you've described on both of my legs. Worse on my left leg. Just above the ankles.
I pointed this out to my neurologist and she said that half of her CRSP patients have like issues. She tells me it's caused by a blood flow restriction related to how my CRSP is spreading. Mostly caused by the systemic nerves chocking the veins.
My CRSP started in my left arm and has spread to full body except to my right fingers. Why it stopped there is no telling but at least I can still play my keys one handed.
I sure hope you find relief... :grouphug:

tboots125 04-12-2015 09:36 PM

I too have developed dry white scaly skin on my knuckles only (Two so far). Not sure what would be causing it. Got a doctors appointment next month and will get her advice at that time.

mrsD 04-13-2015 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tboots125 (Post 1135303)
I too have developed dry white scaly skin on my knuckles only (Two so far). Not sure what would be causing it. Got a doctors appointment next month and will get her advice at that time.

I suggest you have your doctor evaluate you for psoriatic
Arthritis.