NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Yippie!! Happy Dance!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/41418-yippie-happy-dance.html)

sugarboo 03-16-2008 04:51 PM

Yippie!! Happy Dance!!!

My DD 19, in college to become a doctor has had her share of loser boyfriends...you Mom's of adult children out there know what I mean!

Well, DD went to a party last night...very unusual for her as her focus the past 6 months has been school and learning to be single and take care of HERSELF, build self-esteen and self-worth.

But she's on spring break and is letting loose this week (ahem, on the dean's list!)....Well, she found herself at a party with a bunch of Air Force Guys last night. She made a connection with a young man, 20, he has a real job, is getting a degree, still in the Air Force for 6 more months, done his time in Iraq, AND owns his own home. She is ALL a flitter! I'm so DAMN HAPPY for her!

Do you all remember when you met someone special and how you felt? That's her today! She deserves this sooooo much! He also told her he wants to meet her Parents! That's a first!!! Guess I'll have to make my fried chicken and invite the HUNK full of MUSCLES over to check him out. Who knows where this will lead. I want so much for her to experience real love from a worthy man.

I COULD CRY!! YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!

yeahbut 03-16-2008 05:24 PM

greenjeans, your daughter sounds so much like my 20 year old daughter - she is going to college and will graduate in August to be a Radioligist - she has had a boyfriend who was into drugs, quit college and has not held a job ever!!! well, a year ago he told her he didn't want to see her any longer and he had another girl pregnant. She was crushed to say the least and has not let it go until a few months ago when she has finally let loose. She doesn't drink, no drugs, hold down 2 jobs plus college classes & clinicals. I am so proud of her for who she is.....

I am so happy for you and know just how you are feeling. Keep us posted and fried chicken sounds wonderful! ;)

Twinkletoes 03-16-2008 05:32 PM

What great news! Don't we just smile ourselves silly when our kids finally find someone that we can love, too!

I don't have muscles, but if you give me some of that fried chicken, I'll let you sign my cast... :D

Yabbit, hooray for your DD, too! :)

So glad my kids are grown and married -- don't think I could survive those teen years again. :eek:

sugarboo 03-16-2008 05:50 PM

Oh I hear that YB! DD's last BF was a real loser....Every time she succeeded at somethig, like graduation from highschool, he was NO WHERE to be found. When she would study when she first started college (at 17), he would throw fits that she didn't give him enough attention, attempting to bring her down to his level....

She encouraged him to get a Union job (Sheet Metal worker) he got fired on day three when he 'overslept'. Later it was Carl's Jr...got fired from that! Later he got can's out of garbage bins :eek::rolleyes:

Early on, he turned her against me and DH....nothing I could do then (But pray). He talked her into multiple piercings all over her body dispite my plea's that she not do this to the body I spent 9 months growing in my belly. Thankfully, every hole is now closed up except a few in her ears.

When all your hard work of parenting pays off, there is no feelling like it in the world. Everyone's invited for Fried Chicken!! My specialty!!!

SandyC 03-16-2008 06:37 PM

Awww, I do hope this works out for her. It is pretty early to tell but wish for the best. I tell my boys not to bring any girl home to us until at least two months of dating. We are getting tired of getting close and then bam...it's over. LOL

But, who the hell am I kidding? I met Jim in July 1984, dating by August of 84, living together by December of 84 and married by May of 1985. lol

I'll be over in a few for chicken OK?

Kitty 03-17-2008 05:47 AM

I'm so happy for your daughter, GJ. Good men are hard to find!!

Keep us posted on their courtship!! :)

FinLady 03-17-2008 08:02 AM

My hubby's sis was the same way. Not very good with her tastes in men. But she eventually met a good guy in the coast guard. He's been awesome to her, and they are married now.

Totally understand your happiness regarding DD meeting a great guy. Hope all works out.

tamiloo 03-17-2008 04:37 PM

I know the Parent Blue as well and have been praying for my son to meet someone that will worship the ground he walks upon...as he deserves.

His wife of one month last year left him for his cousin...named Tina....?!

Oh, Well he is better off...keep us posted on your dd...

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...stWishes-1.gif

Vonn07 03-17-2008 09:14 PM

hey hey .. CHICKEN .. fried yet too ... can you give me directions from the airport?

happy dance! :Dancing-Chilli:

Victorya 03-17-2008 10:48 PM

Sooo...when's the chicken dinner with the hunky guy??? I need to know when to start driving!