NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Layoffs, Unemployment and Worker's Compensation (https://www.neurotalk.org/layoffs-unemployment-and-worker-s-compensation/)
-   -   Can you recommend a WC atty in CA? (https://www.neurotalk.org/layoffs-unemployment-and-worker-s-compensation/60132-recommend-wc-atty-ca.html)

thursday 11-19-2008 07:10 PM

Can you recommend a WC atty in CA?

Specifically in the Bay area? I hope to hear from people that have had any positive and/or negative experiences with a Workers' Compensation attorney. :Thanx:so much!!!!

sandi_k 11-26-2008 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thursday (Post 411135)
Specifically in the Bay area? I hope to hear from people that have had any positive and/or negative experiences with a Workers' Compensation attorney. :Thanx:so much!!!!

Hi Thursday:

I'm using Jeffrey Friedman in Berkeley.

(510) 843-6050

So far, so good. He negotiated a second QME, and that QME (an orthopedic surgeon) agreed with my request for a neurosurgeon consult. And put it in writing. As a result, I got the consult with the neurosurgeon.

Once that was done, Friedman informed the WC company that the neurosurgeon was my new "physician of record", and since he recommnded surgery, we were asking for surgical approval. Using the neurosurgeon.

The neurosurgeon submitted his evaluation, and we actually got surgery approved! On their dime!

So my surgery (fusion at C5/C6) and removal of the bone spurs pressing into the spinal cord is set for Tuesday next week.

So, yeah - Friedman's been doing a good job for me, all on a contingency basis.

Sandi

thursday 11-26-2008 08:57 PM

Thank you so much Sandi!!!!!
And good luck on the surgery. I'll be rooting for you :D
I will check your atty out too. Thanks again :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandi_k (Post 415007)
Hi Thursday:

I'm using Jeffrey Friedman in Berkeley.

(510) 843-6050

So far, so good. He negotiated a second QME, and that QME (an orthopedic surgeon) agreed with my request for a neurosurgeon consult. And put it in writing. As a result, I got the consult with the neurosurgeon.

Once that was done, Friedman informed the WC company that the neurosurgeon was my new "physician of record", and since he recommnded surgery, we were asking for surgical approval. Using the neurosurgeon.

The neurosurgeon submitted his evaluation, and we actually got surgery approved! On their dime!

So my surgery (fusion at C5/C6) and removal of the bone spurs pressing into the spinal cord is set for Tuesday next week.

So, yeah - Friedman's been doing a good job for me, all on a contingency basis.

Sandi

thursday 12-04-2008 02:36 PM

Jeffery Greenberg was recommended to me by two RSI friends that I got to Feldenkrais class with. They say he is a bulldog. And he has fought very hard for them. I did more research by reading his review on YELP (click here to see link)
I set up an appointment today and he is taking my case!!!!!!!! :D We had a good discussion/ consult albeit brief. He is my kinda guy and I believe that he will do the best job to get what's fair for me :yahoo:
This is a huge relief cos at his point I am in over my head. PM me if you are in the Bay Area and would like more info :)