NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Aneurysm (https://www.neurotalk.org/aneurysm/)
-   -   New to the Forum (https://www.neurotalk.org/aneurysm/68698-forum.html)

BAlive 01-07-2009 03:52 PM

New to the Forum

Hello everyone, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself..

In 2005 I had a aneurysm of the left corotid artery. I was very large and was diagnosed after many months of having horrible blinding migraines and sudden stabbing pain thru my left eye. I had the annie coiled which also closed that artery. Recently I have been having some unusaul pressure and pain in my right eye and socket as well as my neck and base of the skull.. I've had several MRI's and ultra sounds but doctors say I have nothing to worry about.. But I don't know, still kinda scary...

So I'm here to offer my support and perhaps receive a little support when I need it too..

Thank you in advance

Ruthie1959 01-07-2009 10:30 PM

Hi,
Welcome to the site, I'm kind of new here too, I had a clipping after a rupture in Jan of 05. I get checked every year and things are unchanged, but I too get wierd twisting pains, fullness in head and weather changes make my head ache, still get visual migraines but not as much as pre aneurysm.
It seems to me in people I have come across from different aneurysn sites that headaches are more common among people that had their aneurysms coiled. Just an observation of mine, not a medical fact. Have you tried yoga or meditation, yoga really helped me and still do it when my mind is in a twist. Always great to meet a fellow aneurysm survivor, and hope you feel better and get some answers and relief,
Ruthie

BAlive 01-12-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthie1959 (Post 440757)
Hi,
Welcome to the site, I'm kind of new here too, I had a clipping after a rupture in Jan of 05. I get checked every year and things are unchanged, but I too get wierd twisting pains, fullness in head and weather changes make my head ache, still get visual migraines but not as much as pre aneurysm.
It seems to me in people I have come across from different aneurysn sites that headaches are more common among people that had their aneurysms coiled. Just an observation of mine, not a medical fact. Have you tried yoga or meditation, yoga really helped me and still do it when my mind is in a twist. Always great to meet a fellow aneurysm survivor, and hope you feel better and get some answers and relief,
Ruthie

Thank you ruthie, its good to be here still alive and not givin up.. I need to go back to meditation. I used to go to a buddhist temple every week for meditation but my schedule got hectic and then I moved. I need to get my butt to another temple and get back to it.. lol

ouch 01-19-2009 06:59 PM

Welcome

Welcome BA,
I too am new. Looking for some support from clipping surgery. This has been the biggest recovery I have had to do, and you never now where it will take ya.
Glad to meet ya

BAlive 01-22-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ouch (Post 449779)
Welcome BA,
I too am new. Looking for some support from clipping surgery. This has been the biggest recovery I have had to do, and you never now where it will take ya.
Glad to meet ya

Good to meet you as well.. :)

gabrielli 01-26-2009 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAlive (Post 440527)
Hello everyone, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself..

In 2005 I had a aneurysm of the left corotid artery. I was very large and was diagnosed after many months of having horrible blinding migraines and sudden stabbing pain thru my left eye. I had the annie coiled which also closed that artery. Recently I have been having some unusaul pressure and pain in my right eye and socket as well as my neck and base of the skull.. I've had several MRI's and ultra sounds but doctors say I have nothing to worry about.. But I don't know, still kinda scary...

So I'm here to offer my support and perhaps receive a little support when I need it too..

Thank you in advance

Welcome BAlive,
New here also but was on other sites for years.Good to have you and hope you are feeling better.
ooxx
Mimi