NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   So glad to have found this site. (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/87718-glad-found-site.html)

dmarie 05-24-2009 12:16 PM

So glad to have found this site.

I guess I did this backwards and should have introduced myself first. I asked a couple of questions and I'm very grateful for the response, realized I should introduce myself too.

I live in Washington State and have had RSD for almost 4 years now. I developed RSD from a routine blood draw, venipuncture RSD. It's in my right arm, shoulder, neck and face, but moving to my left arm. I'm on permanent disability, and just trying to stay positive. I wish I would have found this website years ago, I just can't get over how amazing it is that so many people with RSD have come together and help each other. Plus it's nice to relate to another RSD'er. The couple people I've chatted with have been so kind and I look forward to getting to know others. Thank you sooo much.

Dew58 05-25-2009 08:37 AM

nice to meet you

http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...hgz79jy6sr.gif

RSDLynnie 05-25-2009 07:34 PM

I'm relatively new...

I'm relatively new to the site also and the best thing is the feeling of not being alone and that someone really understands how chrontic, acutee pain affects us as a total person. When I broke my leg almost 5 years ago, totally non-weight bearing and alone mybrokeleg.com was a life-line and inf act was where I first heard about RSD. I feel like I now have another life-line and no longer alone in the struggle. I lived in Seattle for 5 years and I know you have to be looking forward to the next several months before the wet season sets in again. I rember the bumper stickers: "People in Seattle don't tan, just rust" and "Seattle rain festval, Sept 1 to June 1." I'm now in South Carolina and feel bad that I complain that it's raining here -- especially after the horrible drought we've had the last 4 years. Love Seattle but not sure I could deal with the increased pain the rain causes. Bravo to you!! Lynnie "ONE MOMENT CAN CHANGE EVERYTHING!"

angelrsd 05-26-2009 12:21 AM

sorry that i missed your entrance have been off a couple days
welcome to the group. i have had RSd for 11 yrs i was 16 when i got RSD and was from car accident . i hope that you have as many pain free days as possible and jump right in we dont bite .. well sometimes we do LOL

carrie

CRPSbe 05-26-2009 05:40 AM

Welcome to the forum!

daniella 05-26-2009 05:52 AM

Welcome and I am sorry about your pain and rsd. This is such a warm and educated community. Like a little family. If you want or anyone else want anothers email buddy I am here too. Hang in there and try to hold on to hope for better times

loretta 05-27-2009 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmarie (Post 514429)
I guess I did this backwards and should have introduced myself first. I asked a couple of questions and I'm very grateful for the response, realized I should introduce myself too.

I live in Washington State and have had RSD for almost 4 years now. I developed RSD from a routine blood draw, venipuncture RSD. It's in my right arm, shoulder, neck and face, but moving to my left arm. I'm on permanent disability, and just trying to stay positive. I wish I would have found this website years ago, I just can't get over how amazing it is that so many people with RSD have come together and help each other. Plus it's nice to relate to another RSD'er. The couple people I've chatted with have been so kind and I look forward to getting to know others. Thank you sooo much.

Hi dmarie, It's OK honest, most of have entered the group in various ways. We are so glad to have you. I was thinking of you last Thursday when I had my blood draw. I asked for a butterfly needle (smaller-used for children) and the senior nurse. was scared, partly because of your story and I had already know of others getting RSD from blood draw.
It is comforting isn't it to know and be known by others who truly understand what most people, including doctors have never heard of and have difficulting relating to what we go thru. They still love us, but find it difficult to understand.
Take care, and hugs, loretta:hug: