NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   6 weeks post op (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/175588-6-weeks-post-op.html)

brmr19 08-29-2012 03:17 PM

6 weeks post op

Well we are six weeks post op, and still having some issues. The tingling has pretty stopped. I get a little tingling now and then in arm and face, but way less than before. The neck muscles are still tight but have slowly improved over the six weeks. I do therapy 2x a week and it is just light stretching and massage. By night time my chest and shoulder aches but a slight improvement. I saw my surgeon today who had an ultrasound done. He stated that the blood flow is good on the left side. I still have compression on the right, which has not had surgery yet. That might be down the road. I will continue with therapy for a couple more months and see the surgeon again. I was recently approved for my disability through my pension, but have not seen a penny yet. My health insurance will be changing soon which is going to be the biggest hurdle. I had 100% coverage for the past 19 years and never had to pay a penny. The health insurance through my pension is going to cost me $1400 a month and it is pretty much a 80/20 plan. Well not much of a choice because I need coverage with this TOS and my MS.

mspennyloafer 08-31-2012 08:44 AM

jesus christ, im sorry about your health insurance that is AWFUL

nospam 09-01-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brmr19 (Post 909932)
The health insurance through my pension is going to cost me $1400 a month and it is pretty much a 80/20 plan.

I had to pay for insurance out of pocket between jobs a few years ago (COBRA) and it was under $900 for health and dental (BlueCross BlueShield 80/20 plan + Delta Dental). You may want to see if you can find a cheaper plan than what your pension is going to cost you. I believe you can request a quote through Anthem.com - http://www.anthem.com/health-insuran...urance-plan/OH

brmr19 09-02-2012 11:42 PM

thanks Marc, this plan is to cover my family (me, wife and 2 kids) for medical, dental and vision. Wife work does not offer health care.

nospam 09-03-2012 12:04 PM

Gotcha, my plan covered my wife but no kids.

Sheri_TOS 09-03-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Well we are six weeks post op, and still having some issues. The tingling has pretty stopped. I get a little tingling now and then in arm and face, but way less than before. The neck muscles are still tight but have slowly improved over the six weeks. I do therapy 2x a week and it is just light stretching and massage. By night time my chest and shoulder aches but a slight improvement. I saw my surgeon today who had an ultrasound done. He stated that the blood flow is good on the left side. I still have compression on the right, which has not had surgery yet. That might be down the road. I will continue with therapy for a couple more months and see the surgeon again. I was recently approved for my disability through my pension, but have not seen a penny yet. My health insurance will be changing soon which is going to be the biggest hurdle. I had 100% coverage for the past 19 years and never had to pay a penny. The health insurance through my pension is going to cost me $1400 a month and it is pretty much a 80/20 plan. Well not much of a choice because I need coverage with this TOS and my MS.

The $1400 is similar to what I'd have to pay if I had to pay for cobra coverage through my employer to cover my family. It's a lot of money but on the other hand, being without health insurance coverage would be worse.

Sheri_TOS 09-03-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Well we are six weeks post op, and still having some issues. The tingling has pretty stopped. I get a little tingling now and then in arm and face, but way less than before. The neck muscles are still tight but have slowly improved over the six weeks. I do therapy 2x a week and it is just light stretching and massage. By night time my chest and shoulder aches but a slight improvement. I saw my surgeon today who had an ultrasound done. He stated that the blood flow is good on the left side. I still have compression on the right, which has not had surgery yet. That might be down the road. I will continue with therapy for a couple more months and see the surgeon again.

I'm a week behind you in recovery and your progress sounds similar. I get the tingles if I do too much with the arm especially if it's away from the body.

brmr19 09-03-2012 08:55 PM

yes and my neck still gets tight. When a do scapula pinches, I also get tingles in hand. So darn frustrating.

nukenurse 09-03-2012 09:00 PM

Thanks for letting us know of your progress. Please keep us updated if possible.
Take care

romans8 09-07-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOStrojan (Post 911534)
Thanks for letting us know of your progress. Please keep us updated if possible.
Take care

Please keep us updated. Regarding insurance I am paying $1500 through COBRA. Its expensive but I am not about to change and mess up with some pre-existing condition thing.

I have been out of work for a year but worked for three years with terrible pain and taking narcotics. I am the father of 5 children and had to keep going somehow but thankful I now have disability insurance while I work through this nightmare.