NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   New Blankie! (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/108594-blankie.html)

Kakimbo 11-20-2009 11:53 PM

New Blankie!

I just spent $95.00 on a "full" heating blanket! BEST THING I EVER DID! My husband says that I am in my "toaster oven". Heating pad on the bottom; heating blanket on the top! I am in HEAVEN! Just don't pee yourself or spill anything!

dreambeliever128 11-21-2009 09:24 AM

Hi Kim,

I got a new electric blanket for my birthday in August. I ask for it. I grew up in a house in Ky. with only wood heat so Daddy got us kids electric blankets. I love them.

You do have to watch with them though. My younger sister had one to catch on fire when she was still at home. A hole as big as a plate was left in it.

Being new though, I don't think you'll have that problem.

I turn mine up on a cold night and it helps warm up my feet but I have noticed my legs won't warm up when they are staying cold.

Ada

mellowguy 11-21-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kim ames (Post 591887)
I just spent $95.00 on a "full" heating blanket! BEST THING I EVER DID! My husband says that I am in my "toaster oven". Heating pad on the bottom; heating blanket on the top! I am in HEAVEN! Just don't pee yourself or spill anything!

now thats funny.....we need more humor. Laughter is the best med. Be safe.

AintSoBad 11-21-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellowguy (Post 592165)
now thats funny.....we need more humor. Laughter is the best med. Be safe.

Oh Yea!

Kim, never tried the two together like that, sounds really warm! I betcha never want to come out of there!

I like the "Sunbeam Automatic" ones. You can get them as "throws", (for the living room, chair or sofa) or for your bed, I found the best ones to be the "mattress covers". Not so much the blankets.
(I have a "Magnetic mattress cover too" (in storage).

But the 'automatic' ones sense where it's cold, and give you heat there, say on your legs, or feet. Very sweet technology.

Very Safe too.

(The reason I like the mattress cover electric automatics, are, if you get too warm while asleep, you'll toss the "blanket" off. Then, start the cycle all over again. Forget it. The mattress cover electric automatic, you can set at a lower setting, and then use a lighter blanket. If you should toss the blanket off, you'll still stay warm! Incredible!)

Enjoy!!!!

Pete

asb

lostmary 11-22-2009 07:02 PM

This is cracking me up. I'm so different. I need it cold. the colder the better. It was 33 degrees this morning when I got up. I had the window fully open, the tower fan on me and the ceiling fan on. Poor hubby was freezing. he has extra blankets and a heavy duty comforter. Even with it like that, I woke up sweating and yucky. If I tell hubby there are others out there that like it warm, he'll be asking for your address to move in with. lol. I do feel sorry for him tho. (ok...I really do, just a little.)

Hugs
Mary

AintSoBad 11-22-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostmary (Post 592574)
This is cracking me up. I'm so different. I need it cold. the colder the better. It was 33 degrees this morning when I got up. I had the window fully open, the tower fan on me and the ceiling fan on. Poor hubby was freezing. he has extra blankets and a heavy duty comforter. Even with it like that, I woke up sweating and yucky. If I tell hubby there are others out there that like it warm, he'll be asking for your address to move in with. lol. I do feel sorry for him tho. (ok...I really do, just a little.)

Hugs
Mary

Mary,
That IS funny!
Only when you read it, of course...
I understand the situation. Sometimes I can't get it cool enough, sometimes the opposite.
Let's face it,
Our Thermostat's are Broken!

pete