NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Trigeminal Neuralgia (https://www.neurotalk.org/trigeminal-neuralgia/)
-   -   Is my doc trying to kill me? (https://www.neurotalk.org/trigeminal-neuralgia/98135-doc-trying-kill.html)

massageSA 08-17-2009 08:02 PM

Is my doc trying to kill me?

I had an increase of Trileptal 3 weeks ago. Did fine til last week. Every day I have been getting worse. I am having a very bad reaction to the increase. I go see the doc 4 days ago when it started and he says it's not the med increase. I went to GYN and regular doc and there is nothing wrong with me. Back to square 1 again it's the meds and now I'm ****** at my neuro for not helping me. So I'm stepping it down to what I was taking befor without him. I could've slapped him. I don't think he was listening when I told him my symptoms. Cold sensation inside my mouth,freezing hands, hair is breaking like crazy, woman problems I don't care to mention,tightness in my chest,extreme muscle weakness......What the Bleep else could it be. He's crazy I tell u.

findingjulz 08-19-2009 07:07 PM

Beware! Get involved in your own treatment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by massageSA (Post 553168)
I had an increase of Trileptal 3 weeks ago. Did fine til last week. Every day I have been getting worse. I am having a very bad reaction to the increase. I go see the doc 4 days ago when it started and he says it's not the med increase. I went to GYN and regular doc and there is nothing wrong with me. Back to square 1 again it's the meds and now I'm ****** at my neuro for not helping me. So I'm stepping it down to what I was taking befor without him. I could've slapped him. I don't think he was listening when I told him my symptoms. Cold sensation inside my mouth,freezing hands, hair is breaking like crazy, woman problems I don't care to mention,tightness in my chest,extreme muscle weakness......What the Bleep else could it be. He's crazy I tell u.

In the 8 years I had TN, I tried so many medications I can't count them; then, the mother of them all, an MVD. Now I have Anesthesia Dolorosa. It is not worth the risk, i promise. At Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center they are doing a radiation treatment called Stereotactic Radiosurgery similar to gamma knife, but more linear from what I can comprehend. Tho it did not work for me, I don't think it harmed me. Six months later, after at least 4-6 Neurosurgeons told me not to have an MVD; my husband convinced me it was worth trying. Grasping at straws and got poked in the eye with the needle (metaphorically speaking); now instead of my jaw hurting, my eye, my cheek, my eyebrow? Take it easy; I find ice works well for me. But now I don't think drs. realize they take an oath to do no harm... yet, they will take risks. My doctor said, when he thought I couldn't hear him, that's what my ex has. Why do you think she got the house? Be very careful. Research everything. b4 u can do it. Research the people too. How many have they done; how many were successful? Try to figure out if they are lying or not as well. No place to run to...nowhere to hide.

Nik-key 08-21-2009 01:32 AM

The best thing you can do for yourself is to FIND A NEW DOCTOR!!!
You need an ally to help you through your pain. I am sorry you were
treated so badly, there is NO excuse! Please also be careful with adjusting
your meds on your own. Keeping you in my thoughts :hug: Nikki

Doodle bug7 09-05-2009 06:53 AM

When my husband and I arrived at Mayo clinic it was a last resort.
The MVD in Kansas city failed me. Two Balloon Compressions failed as well.Can't think of the name of the other procedure. Anyway after all this, I was dehydrated, would not speak and literally was a shell of a person weighing less than 100 pounds. At Mayo the neurologist partiialy cut the Trigeminal nerve. It threw me into a
excrutiating pain and spent three days in the pain unit. By this time
I could'nt even sit up. I was sent to surgery again, this time to sever the nerve. I do have A.D. and the left side of my face is numb although I
have pain 24/7. I gotta go as this was suppose to be a quick reply