NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   A simple test (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/158151-simple-test.html)

lurkingforacure 09-28-2011 11:30 AM

A simple test

Without going into details, who here experiences any relief if they lay down on the bed with their head tilted back? Not off the bed, just tilted back, but at a definite angle. And don't sleep, just lie there for a few minutes and then get up and see what you notice about your PD symptoms, if anything.

Please share any changes you notice, good or bad. I don't want to bias anyone so I won't report our experience until later. Thanks.

Conductor71 09-28-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurkingforacure (Post 810025)
Without going into details, who here experiences any relief if they lay down on the bed with their head tilted back? Not off the bed, just tilted back, but at a definite angle. And don't sleep, just lie there for a few minutes and then get up and see what you notice about your PD symptoms, if anything.

Please share any changes you notice, good or bad. I don't want to bias anyone so I won't report our experience until later. Thanks.

For how long? I tried it for maybe two minutes when mildly between meds and I noticed that the pins and needles sensation in my hands and that I felt less brain foggy. Does this somehow release pressure on our penduncles? ;-)

Laura

ol'cs 09-28-2011 01:45 PM

That is how..........

I sleep, in a "trough" pillow at a 30 degree angle. I don't move all night , i can't salivate so i have ruined my teeth, and my arms and/or lower extremities get nunb, it's as if i don't have enough blood pressure to pump blood to the extremities. PD sucks!!!!!

lurkingforacure 09-28-2011 03:26 PM

Bingo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conductor71 (Post 810077)
For how long? I tried it for maybe two minutes when mildly between meds and I noticed that the pins and needles sensation in my hands and that I felt less brain foggy. Does this somehow release pressure on our penduncles? ;-)

Laura

Exactly my theory. Let's see what other posts come in on this.

lurkingforacure 09-28-2011 03:28 PM

Direction of tilt

I wasnt' too clear:

lie on your back
tilt your head back, as if looking up at the sky (if you lay with your head on a pillow, it is tilting your head the wrong way)

Thanks for sharing what you observe.

johnt 09-28-2011 11:22 PM

Here's what I did.

1. Measured my hand movement rate, 49. (Number of left/right repetitions 15 cm apart in one minute using my right, bad, hand.)

2. Lay on my back for 10 minutes with a thin pillow under my shoulders leaving my head tilted about 5 degrees "the wrong way".

3. Repeated hand movement test, 48.5.

(All done before taking my morning meds.)

John