NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   You Never Even Called Me By My Name (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/165123-called-name.html)

Blessings2You 02-17-2012 06:19 PM

You Never Even Called Me By My Name

I just had to use the title of that David Allan Coe tune!

What I was wondering...does your husband/wife/significant other call you by your name? By a nickname or petname? I don't mean when referring to you, but when talking TO you?

When we were visiting my husband's sister and her husband years back, I told them that he calls me "Hey You". He said, "I do not!" Well, a mere few minutes later, he got my attention by saying, "Hey, you wanna hand me that bag?" :cool:

He does that ALL the time at home. "Hey, you right there?" "Hey, you got any more bandaids?" "Hey, you mind looking something up for me?" "Hey, you..."

Now, I don't care. I think it's funny. He doesn't have to say my name, and he doesn't have to call me "hon" or "dear" or whatever. But it made me curious. Most of the time, are you called by your name?

(You can include former and late dear ones as well!)

SallyC 02-17-2012 07:50 PM

DH called me Sally or Hon or hey you. Usually if he was calling from a distance, he would say "Hort" and I would say "Sagooo", to let him know I heard him. It's too long of a story to explain, but DD and I still do it sometimes.:D My DH was a nut..:D

nemsmom 02-17-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 852872)
DH called me Sally or Hon or hey you. Usually if he was calling from a distance, he would say "Hort" and I would say "Sagooo", to let him know I heard him. It's too long of a story to explain, but DD and I still do it sometimes.:D My DH was a nut..:D

Lets see, usually it's sweety, sometimes babe, sometimes mable and, when I'm not responding... Kristie.

I almost always call him babe. Unless he's not responding... then I say his name.

Dejibo 02-18-2012 09:33 AM

mine calls me honey. "hey hon!" or "hey honey!" sometimes he calls me his baby, but he rarely uses my name. He will use my name to talk about me to family, friends, or others, but to me, its mostly honey.

ANNagain 02-18-2012 01:41 PM

I'm, "Honey." He is "Bunny" even though he is 6'4". Kind of like Harvey the big rabbit in the the Jimmy Stewart movie. Oddly, he doesn't care who hears me call him Bunny!
ANN

SallyC 02-18-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANNagain (Post 853065)
I'm, "Honey." He is "Bunny" even though he is 6'4". Kind of like Harvey the big rabbit in the the Jimmy Stewart movie. Oddly, he doesn't care who hears me call him Bunny!
ANN

I always called my big brother (6'2"), Jim Bunny..:D

Oh and don't you call him Pizza Guy? :cool:

Jappy 02-18-2012 02:06 PM

My DH would call me "HON" or Joyce, but when he would say
"HEY JOYCE" than I knew it was something serious.

Jappy

marion06095 02-18-2012 08:24 PM

My hubby calles me hon. I once asked him if he meant it like in "Attila The"? :laugh:

ANNagain 02-19-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 853070)
I always called my big brother (6'2"), Jim Bunny..:D

Oh and don't you call him Pizza Guy? :cool:

Yes, Sal, he is Pizza Guy. He was needle phobic and used to make me a homemade veggie pizza as I attempted to stick myself w the Avonex needle every Saturday at 6 PM. Hence, Pizza Guy.

Now he gives 4/7 Copax shots.:)

I love my man!:hug:
ANN

Twinkletoes 02-28-2012 03:06 AM

I have pet names for him, but I've never heard him call me by anything except my name. :(