NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Update (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/101713-update.html)

msdrea83 08-28-2009 03:43 PM

Update

I'm still healing good from my surgery, just a bit of soreness in my tummy left. And I still have to remember to not over do it... I think that's my biggest challenge.... I don't want to pass out again like I did in Florida 2 weeks ago

I go back to work today, I'm glad, I was going stir crazy, and am in need of the cash!!!

I've been seeing a great guy since my birthday, and I've showed him my "changes" (the bag i try so hard to hide that's on my stomach) since the surgery finally. I was worried about that, never had to explain it before. but nothing changed and our relationship has only moved on to the next phase. *whew*

And the most exciting thing... I'm finally at a point, I hope, where I can get back out of my family's house. I'm moving to a cute 2 bdrm house 2 blocks from the beach right by school on Sunday with my friend.

I still have pretty good relief from my last k infusion (april) although it is slowly starting to creep back on days i do a lot. but still off all the meds. will probably get something next week when i see my doc for the bad moments. and once i can afford it will probably schedule a 3rd infusion when school and work allows it. but its not a big urgent thing on my list right now.

SBOWLING 08-28-2009 04:23 PM

Andrea

It's nice to hear that things are looking up for you. I hope they continue to move in a positive directions.
Don't over do it when your moving on Sunday.
Take care,
Sherrie

bobber 08-28-2009 04:29 PM

Andrea
Im Glad to hear your moving forward with rsd,,,and its a blessing your off the meds,,and Im glad your new boyfriend doesnt have a problem with your stomach,,,That shows he loves you,,its all or nothing in love,,and no picking and choosing,,God bless you,,,,,bobber

hope4thebest 08-28-2009 10:44 PM

Hi Andrea!
You are an amazing young woman to go forward and say yes to life and all its challenges and joys despite the RSD!! I'm so happy that you and your boyfriend are moving forward into the next phase of your relationship and enjoying happy times !
I sense that you're taking it one step at a time and will consider a third infusion when and if that time comes.
I hope you are able to pace yourself with your busy schedule and the upcoming school year! So many exiting things to look forward to!!!:)

Your new place sounds great...right near the beach and near school!! The perfect combination! It'll be a great place to study as the waves roll in!!

(My daughter just moved out of a house a couple of blocks from Natural Bridges State Beach and is moving down the highway to Aptos. My son never wants to leave Santa Cruz! )
I hope you have a great school year and you continue to have pain-free and med-free days...keep us posted!!!
:hug: Hope4thebest

ali12 08-29-2009 05:48 AM

Hi Andrea,

SO glad to hear that things are finally getting better for you!:hug:

I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that you have finally found a man who likes you as you are and doesn't judge you because of your RSD and other health issues! You deserve someone good like that to take care of you!

I hope everything works out with your relationship and moving into your new home.

You're in my thoughts! Sending pain free hugs your way!

Alison

CRPSbe 08-29-2009 10:51 AM

Andrea, congratulations!

SandyRI 08-29-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msdrea83 (Post 560246)
I'm still healing good from my surgery, just a bit of soreness in my tummy left. And I still have to remember to not over do it... I think that's my biggest challenge.... I don't want to pass out again like I did in Florida 2 weeks ago

I go back to work today, I'm glad, I was going stir crazy, and am in need of the cash!!!

I've been seeing a great guy since my birthday, and I've showed him my "changes" (the bag i try so hard to hide that's on my stomach) since the surgery finally. I was worried about that, never had to explain it before. but nothing changed and our relationship has only moved on to the next phase. *whew*

And the most exciting thing... I'm finally at a point, I hope, where I can get back out of my family's house. I'm moving to a cute 2 bdrm house 2 blocks from the beach right by school on Sunday with my friend.

I still have pretty good relief from my last k infusion (april) although it is slowly starting to creep back on days i do a lot. but still off all the meds. will probably get something next week when i see my doc for the bad moments. and once i can afford it will probably schedule a 3rd infusion when school and work allows it. but its not a big urgent thing on my list right now.

I am so happy for you. Remember to take really good care of yourself - diet, exercise, mental health, sleep habits, etc. We are routing for you!!

XOXOX Sandy

msdrea83 08-29-2009 04:13 PM

thank you everyone for your kind words and support. i've always been a very determined and independant person... well till the rsd set in almost 6 years ago... and this past year i just got completely sick of it ruling my life no matter how much i tried to live a normal life. so i dug down deep and just started going for things again. the bad days are definately worth the independence and the "normal" life. and with the infusions it makes things a lot easier that's for sure! i wish that everyone was able to get good results from them, or at least be able to give them a try. they have def been my "miracle" treatment thus far. thank god since i've gone through everything but the coma pretty much.