NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/143877-survivors-suicide.html)

Alffe 01-26-2011 07:17 PM

Survivors of Suicide

Who are we? And why do we hang out here?

Some of us have lost a loved one to suicide...some of us are feeling so crushed by life that we want it to end.

We come together for support..we count on each other to pick us up, dust us off and give us a reason to try some more.

We don't judge people in this forum and we ask not to be judged ourselves.
When you share here, we promise to listen with our hearts.

I copied and pasted that from "up above" as a reminder of what we do here and why we do it. January (the anniversary month of Michael killing himself) is just about in the win column for Mr.Alffe & me. I thank you for the private messages and emails to me...thank you for remembering.

It's been a long...long journey from that nightmare and while we are not the same people we were when he was alive, we have managed to survive and hopefully to prevent others from going down that path...to perhaps, stop and think about what that poor choice does to those left behind, the people who love you.

I so admire those who struggle daily with depression..it takes a lot of courage to fight that battle.

Hugs for the room....:grouphug:

Lara 01-27-2011 08:20 AM

Love you.

Thank you.

tied 02-06-2011 10:53 PM

crushed by life

things were hard for me when i was younger and inexperienced with the ignorance that comes from youth. i felt crushed, even though much of it was self-inflicted. its funny how things are harder for me now but i do not feel crushed. age has made me wise enough to try my darndest with all that i've got.

if anyone feels crushed, i hope you give it time. getting older and learning from mistakes and becoming wise is its own reward. at the end of the day all you can say is I have made mistakes but i learned and try as hard as i can.

wishnomore 02-10-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tied (Post 742049)
things were hard for me when i was younger and inexperienced with the ignorance that comes from youth. i felt crushed, even though much of it was self-inflicted. its funny how things are harder for me now but i do not feel crushed. age has made me wise enough to try my darndest with all that i've got.

if anyone feels crushed, i hope you give it time. getting older and learning from mistakes and becoming wise is its own reward. at the end of the day all you can say is I have made mistakes but i learned and try as hard as i can.

Exactly....

Thanks Alffe for all that you do. :)

Without you, who knows where I would be? SOS was my home, SOS was what saved me more than 10 years ago, Alffe was always there as support and still is. Even though I don't really need it anymore. :hug: It's nice to know that this place is here and she is there, just in case.

Alffe 02-10-2011 05:39 PM

Thank you wish...I couldn't be prouder of your accomplishments if you were my own grandaughter and loved reading that you don't need support right now. But it's here, along with a lot of love. :grouphug:

Addy 02-11-2011 03:12 PM

wow tied! :hug:

I could not have said it better!

Alffe 03-11-2011 06:44 AM

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/l...ow/7669750.cms

Thank you Koala for pointing out this great article..I wasn't sure where to post it so it's here....:grouphug:

Alffe 11-23-2013 07:59 AM

Another bump....still looking. *grin

FeelinGoofy 11-23-2013 01:09 PM

i love it when you look :)

Abbie 11-23-2013 10:42 PM

Me too...but this one made me cry.....

Dang it....

:hug:
Abbie