NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   Ticked off.... (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/107106-ticked.html)

Abbie 11-02-2009 10:38 AM

Ticked off....

It really ticks me off when State agencies don't answer their phones or return phone calls!!!!!!!!

I've done everything that I am supposed to and it seems they've dropped the ball.... AGAIN.

I returned the requested paperwork back to them before the deadline, have a date stamped copy of the request form showing they have received this information....

It's not hurting them that I am not getting my benefits!! It's hurting me!!!!:mad:

:thud::hissyfit::Sob::ranting::Soapbox:
Abbie

Alffe 11-02-2009 10:42 AM

:mad: I'm ticked off for you!! When you talk to someone, do you ask their name??? Could you send things registered so someone would have to sign for it??? Someone has to be accountable!!! This is just wrong on so many counts.

This should not have to be so screwed up!!! I'm sorry and mad!

Abbie 11-02-2009 10:54 AM

I didn't get the name of the person who stamped the documents as received... my mom took them in for me. She said the lady at the desk made a copy and stamped them received.

I do have my caseworker's name and the supervisor's name.

I have left messages with both, but continue to call in attempts to talk to a human!

I am so angry!!! I don't know what to do next... guess I'll get everything together AGAIN and take it down there... AGAIN! I may also try to send everything certified.

:mad::mad::mad:
Abbie

tamiloo 11-02-2009 01:46 PM

I had problems getting them to communicate with me as well so I went to my Congressmans web site and wrote a letter telling what my needs were and also told them that I am in dire straights...They put a burr under them and I had everything I needed in about a week...hope you can get relief soon! ((((HUGS)))):hug:

reyn 11-02-2009 08:17 PM

Abby, what Tammy said she did is maybe something that you can do. I had to go to a "political, elected politician" to get help for my son who is handicapped (both mentally and physically). Sometimes there is a "price" to pay, but often that is the only option. You are in my thoughts and prayers,
reyn

MandaC 11-02-2009 09:47 PM

Hope everything gets sorted.

Lots of love.

Abbie 11-02-2009 10:19 PM

I've written emails to my congressman and senators--state and federal.

I can only continue to make calls to the office.

I don't think anyone actually works at the local office... I think they are somewhere else and only use a local phone number. All appointments are via phone interview and forms needed are sent via mail.

I'm at my wits end today.... completely exhausted.

:mad::(

Addy 11-03-2009 12:32 AM

(((((((Abbie)))))))) I'm so sorry you're going throught this :hug:

Is there any way you could reach out to the media - a letter to the editor or call them to tell your story?

Shame on the government for not being there for you :hug: ...

Abbie 11-03-2009 12:47 AM

I'm not sure about the media... heck, I barely talk to my family... SUPER ANXIETY and FEAR of people.

There have been many reports in the news here about people going through what I am. Unfortunately, I think the squeaky wheel gets tossed to the bottom of the pile. I've heard people are waiting 6 months or more who have piles of paperwork but can't get food stamp assistance.

It's not a large amount, but I am extremely grateful to get them... without them I can't buy food!!!

I'm trying to figure out how long I can stretch the food I have in the cabinet. :( I'm afraid I'm in for a long battle.

:(
Abbie

waves 11-03-2009 01:01 AM

(((( :heartthrob: Abbie :heartthrob: ))))

i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

:circlelove:

~ waves ~