NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Dilated Pupils and Migraines (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/183239-dilated-pupils-migraines.html)

ParkerM152 01-31-2013 12:06 AM

Dilated Pupils and Migraines

I had been feeling a lot better for a few days, then suddenly the past couple have days have been worse. I don't know why but I'll get this aura type feeling and I'd go look into a mirror, my eyes would be dilated almost to the iris. I think that it's because my brain is not getting enough oxygen? Any ideas on what this could be, I've been getting a lot of stiffness in my neck as well. I researched a few things online and I came across Meningitis, Which I have been vaccinated for. Then I came across extra CSF... All of the symptoms of PCS and these are similar. I'm kind of scared to be honest... :(

Mark in Idaho 01-31-2013 02:08 AM

For meningitis, the classic test is to tilt you head down and try to touch your chin to your chest. If you can't, you have inflammation that is a problem. If icing it resolves it, it is likely a neck injury. If not, get a doctor to check you out. If you can touch your chin to your chest, it is likely just neck inflammation.

A meningitis vaccination is not 100%. They are grossly oversold as complete prevention. They just reduce the risk.

You should be icing your neck regularly. I can't think of how someone can get a concussion without also traumatizing their neck.

I doubt you have meningitis.

You probably became to active from feeling better and aggravated your neck. It is a vicious cycle. Just because you feel better does not mean you are ready to return to full activity.

ParkerM152 01-31-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho (Post 952791)
For meningitis, the classic test is to tilt you head down and try to touch your chin to your chest. If you can't, you have inflammation that is a problem. If icing it resolves it, it is likely a neck injury. If not, get a doctor to check you out. If you can touch your chin to your chest, it is likely just neck inflammation.

A meningitis vaccination is not 100%. They are grossly oversold as complete prevention. They just reduce the risk.

You should be icing your neck regularly. I can't think of how someone can get a concussion without also traumatizing their neck.

I doubt you have meningitis.

You probably became to active from feeling better and aggravated your neck. It is a vicious cycle. Just because you feel better does not mean you are ready to return to full activity.

I guess I'm just having anxiety problems, with head problems I just get paranoid. It's hard to think everything is all and well when I'm having intense migraines that seem to progress throughout the day. But, thanks for your input it's made me calm down a bit. I assume my neck is just sore still.