NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Little known RSD treatment (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/80335-little-rsd-treatment.html)

rmdkmd 03-08-2009 03:45 PM

Little known RSD treatment

About 5 years ago a good friend of mine developed RSD and fibrmyalgia as a result of a car accident. After much failure of neurosurgeons and nerve implants, we stumbled on a potential treatment in Portland Oregon. Incredibly, the long shot treatment reversed 95% of the symptoms and continues to do so. Apparently this has received little notice due to FDA restrictions but I believe now has been written up in one of the medical journals. The doctor who created this miracle is Dr Carolyn Mcmakin. She can be located by googling her name and RSD. However she has said my friend had the worst case and the best results of any patient and her case was used in the medical journal. Faith in an unorthodox method is what saved my friend and also several of the people in her RSD support group.

angelrsd 03-08-2009 08:50 PM

what is the treatment are you talkin about

mrsD 03-09-2009 09:36 AM

I looked this up since new members cannot post links.

The treatment is called Frequency Specific Microcurrent and is being applied to many chronic pain states today.
It is FDA approved.

If you Google it you will find many centers offering it.

ali12 03-09-2009 05:11 PM

Thank you for posting about this - I for one really appreciate it! I have never heard of this treatment before but will look into it ... I really wish that they had more treatments like this available in the UK! I am SO glad to hear that your friends RSD has greatly improved with this treatment and really hope she gets even better real soon!!

buckwheat 03-12-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ali12 (Post 478027)
Thank you for posting about this - I for one really appreciate it! I have never heard of this treatment before but will look into it ... I really wish that they had more treatments like this available in the UK! I am SO glad to hear that your friends RSD has greatly improved with this treatment and really hope she gets even better real soon!!

Dear Ali,

I have posts about it, it will help some, but I have also used a special kind of detox foot bath as well. I will PM you the machines if you like? It will not cure it in my opinion but will help.

Hang in their you rotten Brit.;) Much Love, Roz

buckwheat 03-12-2009 02:31 PM

P. S. The machines I am talking about are expensive.

rmdkmd 03-13-2009 11:20 AM

reply: iittle known rsd treatment

This treatment is frequency specific microcurrent. There are many microcurrent treatments available but Dr McMakin pioneered this particular one and has trained hundreds of docs, but I suspect she has a special healing touch that other lack. I personally witnessed the reversal of my friends RSD, to the amazement and dismay of the neurosurgeons in Boise, and she told of her support groups success also. I don't think Dr McMakin would claim to get the level of success on all RSD patients that she did with my friend, because that case was used for an article in a medical journal. But please do not dismiss this as quackery; it has worked a miracle. I would recommend anyone with RSD, fibermyalgia or other neural pain issues to call Dr McMakin **and she will give you the straight story on expectations.

tovaxin_lab_rat 03-21-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmdkmd (Post 480479)
This treatment is frequency specific microcurrent. There are many microcurrent treatments available but Dr McMakin pioneered this particular one and has trained hundreds of docs, but I suspect she has a special healing touch that other lack. I personally witnessed the reversal of my friends RSD, to the amazement and dismay of the neurosurgeons in Boise, and she told of her support groups success also. I don't think Dr McMakin would claim to get the level of success on all RSD patients that she did with my friend, because that case was used for an article in a medical journal. But please do not dismiss this as quackery; it has worked a miracle. I would recommend anyone with RSD, fibermyalgia or other neural pain issues to call Dr McMakin **and she will give you the straight story on expectations.

I live in Boise and am currently being treated for CRPS by a very good doctor. i am curious about this treatment that your friend received. How did she find out about it? How long has she had RSD? How is she doing now? Is she back in Boise?

I think it's wonderful that she got relief from the treatment. I also have MS so I know how difficult it is to get pain relief when you have pain from more than one source - the doctors are stumped.

Good luck to your friend.