NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Pets & Wildlife (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/)
-   -   t.v ad dose it work??? (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/53914-ad-dose.html)

Burntmarshmallow 09-09-2008 09:00 AM

t.v ad dose it work???

I have seen the T.V.ad for pedicure nail tool that files your pets nails rather then clipping the nails. I was wondering if anyone here has used pedicure and if it works like they show on t.v.??
I do both my dogs myself bath ears nails. ETC.. I am thinking the file tool looks good but would like feed back if anyone has used it, dose it do a good job on nails ?? is it durable ?? I cant tell how durable it is by the ad.
Thanks for any info / feed back :)
PEACE
BMW

mrsD 09-09-2008 09:47 AM

here are some reviews:

(there are two companies selling this similar product)

replacement of the sander portion would be a huge consideration IMO.

This is the Dremel pet tool:

there are customer evaluations at the bottom of the page.

I personally think ANYTHING on TV is potentially a risk.
They rope you into things, you wouldn't imagine. So buying locally if you can find it, or using the Pet Dremel which is what dog groomers use, would be safer moneywise.

braingonebad 09-10-2008 01:30 PM

I was wondering the same thing, so thanks for posting, marshmellow, and thanks for the tip, Mrs. D.

I think I'll ask Santa for the dremel tool.

My bird's vet used one on his nails and beak and it even worked well for that. So I could get a lot of mileage out of it with five pets in the house. Do you have any idea how hard it is to give a bird a pedicure?

:p

Dr. Smith 09-11-2011 06:52 PM

Sorry if this is :deadhorsebeat: I came across this thread whilst searching the archives on another matter.

We've been using one of these pedipaws things for a couple of years. IMO, they are not a replacement for a clipper (unless you're willing to use it a couple times a week at least), but a very useful adjunct for rounding and smoothing following clipping - or in-between clippings.

Replacement wheels are no problem; these things are carried in the big-box pet supply stores now, and they have replacements aplenty.

Starting out the right way is important. We turned it on and played with it with the dog several times before ever coming near his nails. First we got him used to the noise, and then the vibration, touching his body, legs, face.... and eventually paws - until he had no fear/concern at all. It was just another fun thing to do with people. We eventually had him fetching it on command. By the time we tried it on his nails, there were no problems, and never have been any.

Using it, it's important to brace the nail against the edge of the hole it goes through so the spinning sanding wheel doesn't "catch", jump, or vibrate uncomfortably.

Nail Clipping Tip: We clip & sand the dogs nails after his bath, when they're soft from being in the bath water - much easier to clip and easier on the dog. We once had one dog who fought like the dickens during clipping, but after doing it on soft wet nails a couple of times, he calmed right down and no longer resisted. The pedipaws works better on soft nails too, but sometimes it just has to be done between baths, depending on breed, preferences, etc.

Doc

Katiebell 09-15-2011 03:23 PM

Cost-free method

I take my dog for a walk everyday on the rough streets and that keeps his nails short, filed, and smooth to the touch!!!