NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Court Yesterday (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/14031-court-yesterday.html)

Nikko 02-22-2007 10:45 AM

Court Yesterday

Hi all..............Ok.....about court yesterday. My husband got Adult State Probation, it is almost like wearing an ankle bracelet. They can go to his apartment anytime they want, search, make him pee, follow him, etc

They want to keep him on a tight leash. He will still have his probation through April of 2008 and his D V intervention class's, he cannot even go into a bar, no drinking. He has to spend one night in jail this weekend.

As they told me his life will be miserable. If he screws up on this, it becomes a felony and he will go to a State jail.

Before everything was County court, now it is a step higher - State. The judge put him thru the ringer.

He could of taken 90 days in jail instead and it would all be done and over. This is actually better.

Now, I can proceed with divorce.

Hugs, Nikko Thanks for all your support.....:grouphug:

bizi 02-22-2007 01:30 PM

Dear Nikko,
what a relief that is behind you....
sorry that you are drained....this has been an awful year for you...
I am so proud of the hard work that you are doing.
Hang in there sweetie and know that you have a bunch of people rooting for you here. Thanks for letting us know.
((((HUGS))))
bizi

DiMarie 02-22-2007 01:49 PM

relief

What relief to have this over with.
I am gald that it is behind you, now you can go on and do what you need Nikko.
A big hug, and huge sigh of releif.
Di

Nikko 02-22-2007 02:01 PM

Thanks - I still keep my guard up and I am going to continue to go to my domestic violence counselling fo women. I think I still have a bit of Post Traumatic Stress, which really keeps me on my toes, even though it is scarey.

Hugs, Nikko:hug:

befuddled2 02-22-2007 05:37 PM

Hi Nikko,

I'm glad that your life seems to be going forward now.

befuddled2

Nikko 02-22-2007 07:39 PM

Thanks, my State Court Advocate said if he couldn't make county probation, he will never make Adult State Probation.

I figure it is just a matter of time now, before he screws up his life some how again.

So exhausted, Nikko :Zzzz:

Mrs. Bear 02-22-2007 11:10 PM

Yes! The system does work for somebody. Good for you. That had to have been so tough.

Rest up and eat!! Something full of calories. :)

Just Jacquie 02-23-2007 10:10 AM

Yipee - now it's over (for you, at least!) and you can get on with your own life. As far as he goes - he's pretty much dug his own hole, hasn't he?? :winky:

Now, relax and concentrate on yourself!!

Hugs, J

Dmom3005 02-24-2007 09:13 PM

Nikko

I'm so glad to read this. I'm hoping you are getting some rest.

Donna