NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   Daughter Needs Comfort (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/107708-daughter-comfort.html)

Friend2U 11-10-2009 01:58 AM

Daughter Needs Comfort

My daughter is living alone with her two babies, 2 mths and 14 mths. She needs to find comfort. She gets so frightened of every little noise. It's hard to not have someone with her to help and protect her. She is trying to be brave and wants to get back on her feet. She knows she can stay with us anytime...and does sometimes...but really wants to find the comfort she needs to feel like she is safe. She reads her Bible and prays to God but still at times feels so alone.

Does anyone have a good scripture for her?
Thank you so much. :hug:

Twinkletoes 11-10-2009 02:04 AM

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

I hope your daughter is able to feel comforted and have peace in her heart. :hug:

MizBarbie 11-10-2009 04:57 AM

Ephesians 6:10-24

Chemar 11-10-2009 08:19 AM

Quote:

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

Friend2U 11-10-2009 07:46 PM

Ro, Barbie, and Chemar,

Thanks you so much for sharing those verses. They will be very comforting and I am going to share them with her.

I know right where to come for blessings! Love you guys! :grouphug:

Jomar 11-10-2009 07:47 PM

Maybe she should take a self defense class also, that would build her inner confidence.

BlueMajo 11-15-2009 05:53 PM

And I will be praying for her... :hug:

DM 11-23-2009 02:28 PM

We never stop being a Mom or worrying about our kids~ It's scary being alone, but I have a feeling your DD is kind of like her Mom and will be just fine b/c she'll dig deep w/in herself and find her much needed strength to continue her path. Keep us posted on how they are doing.

Friend2U 11-24-2009 12:46 AM

Thank you DM!

She is doing some better. She has more challenges than a young mother should have. But she has been coping better lately. I know the prayers have a lot to do with it. And I sure hope along the years, I have helped instill some strengths in her heart she can draw from.
One of my favorite sayings: "What a mother puts in the heart of daughter, the world can never erase". :hug:
Thanks for the encouragement.