NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Feeling negative. (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/50530-feeling-negative.html)

Koala77 07-23-2008 02:18 AM

Feeling negative.

I'm feeling a tad down in the dumps today.

After having half my bowel removed towards the end of last year and then most of my nose removed (and rebuilt) in January, it looks like cancer may have struck me once again.....3 times within a year, and all in different places. Not good!

Cats may have nine lives, but how many lives does a Koala have? :confused:

I went to my local GP today for my six month check up after my nose surgery, and she thinks she's found a malignant melanoma.

First there was the cancerous lesion in my bowel in September and the ensuing hemicolectomy, I lost half my bowel. With the deep basal cell carcinoma I lost most of my nose. With a malignant melanoma I could lose my life.

I'm supposed to go back in 2 weeks for yet another biopsy...maybe. I'm getting so darn sick of this.

I should have had my follow-up colonoscopy already but I've put that off twice. I just can't decide what to do.

Hey, I'm 6 months older than my mother was when she died of cancer. Maybe it's meant to be.

tovaxin_lab_rat 07-23-2008 02:22 AM

Dear Koala,

I am sorry to hear this. Maybe it will only be a basal cell and they can get it out without much problem. Let's think optomistic here. I get them all the time, in fact I have to get checked every 6 months.

Sending positive thoughts your way that it's an easy one this time. You need a break :hug:

Koala77 07-23-2008 02:25 AM

Nah! This one isn't a basal cell. If the biopsy comes back positive, this is the nasty one.

This time it's actually a melanoma............just whether it's benign or malignant that's the question.

tovaxin_lab_rat 07-23-2008 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koala77 (Post 329285)
Nah! This one isn't a basal cell. If the biopsy comes back positive, this is the nasty one.

This time it's actually a melanoma. It's just whether it's benign or malignant that's the question.

I am going to keep positive vibes going your way that it will not be malignant. And that it will be the only one you will have....no more little spots for our Koala. :hug:

who moi 07-23-2008 02:32 AM

hi Anne,

thought I'd stumble inn a little bit and just adding some positive vibes to you as well...

(((BIG HUGS)))

Koala77 07-23-2008 02:32 AM

Thank you FG. I truly appreciate your support.

I booked the biopsy for two weeks time. That'll give me time to decide if I really want to know, or whether I'll just leave it be. I can always cancel.

Thank you Moi as well. I just saw your post as I was correcting my grammar. Thank you.

Blessings2You 07-23-2008 04:54 AM

Praying for you this morning (morning here)

dmplaura 07-23-2008 05:16 AM

Morning here too, but shortly to bed (yeah, I'm a crazy night owl).

Sending you my hugs and prayers :hug:

Koala77 07-23-2008 05:23 AM

Thank you B2U and thank you dmplaura. The way I feel right now I can do with all the support I can get.

I feel as if I've been through so much in this past 10 months. Did I mention the MS relapse and the fact that I had to give up my career? I'm just getting so fed up because as soon as I get over one thing, another one seems to come out of hiding.

Oh....and it's 8:30pm here in Oz Land at the moment.

Kitty 07-23-2008 05:58 AM

:hug: Koala :hug:

You definitely deserve a break. I agree with FG....let's think positive about this. I know it's easier said than done.

You are always in my prayers. Please don't cancel your appointment. Don't let this carp get the best of you......give it heck!! Meet it head on and don't give it an inch of room.

You know your NT family will support you.