NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Throbbing head after exercise (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/205865-throbbing-head-exercise.html)

SuperElectric 06-20-2014 07:54 AM

Throbbing head after exercise

After running for the bus on Wednesday I got a throbbing in my head, like a sudden pulsing twinge feeling, I stopped running immediately and it stopped. But since then my head feels kind of delicate and if I make a sudden movement the throb appears. Last night I woke up and could hear my pulse in my ears. Anyone else had this, I feel ok otherwise.

Bruins88 06-20-2014 08:08 AM

Yup. Have it everytime I do something physically exerting besides walking. Although mine doesnt go away as soon as I stop doing whatever I was doing. Not sure what cause or the meaning of it is though.

SuperElectric 06-20-2014 08:17 AM

Is it PCS you are suffering from?

Bruins88 06-20-2014 08:58 AM

Yes it is.

MomWriterStudent 06-20-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperElectric (Post 1076950)
After running for the bus on Wednesday I got a throbbing in my head, like a sudden pulsing twinge feeling, I stopped running immediately and it stopped. But since then my head feels kind of delicate and if I make a sudden movement the throb appears. Last night I woke up and could hear my pulse in my ears. Anyone else had this, I feel ok otherwise.

I'm dealing with something similar now, and it's driving me crazy. I was gradually increasing my exercise to the point where I could walk slightly over a mile a day. At the park yesterday, I took the wrong trail and ended up walking a distance 4x more than what I usually do. In 93-degree weather.

My son drank all of my water on the walk, so I ended up dizzy, nauseous, and exhausted. I almost vomited when I reached my car. I had sun poisoning before, many years ago, so I think some (but not all) of my symptoms were caused more by dehydration/heat than PCS.

My head isn't throbbing anymore, but I did hear the pulse for like an hour. It was like I could hear my heart beating through my brain.

I also have pressure/tightness in the back of my head now. It started shortly after my walk.

I have overdone things in the past, and the good news is that you will probably get back to normal again soon. Sometimes it takes me a day or two, but there have been times where I set myself back 2-3 weeks.

SarahSmile0205 06-20-2014 12:31 PM

Happens every time my heart rate gets elevated

SuperElectric 06-20-2014 02:19 PM

Yes, it was hot here Wednesday which didn't help. I've built up my walking gradually, but it looks like running needs a little more work! Gradually feeling better now... I'm guessing it has to do with blood circulation in the vessels over the brain? but who knows. I'll keep exercising as it has definitely helped my symptoms fade a good deal.