NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Weight Loss & Healthy Living (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/)
-   -   EWWWWW! Strech marks! (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/15312-ewwwww-strech-marks.html)

fiberowendy2000 03-12-2007 12:02 PM

EWWWWW! Strech marks!

As I was taking a shower on Saturday, I found strech marks on my belly.:eek: Has anyone else found this happening too as the weight begins to come down? How did you deal with them?

befuddled2 03-12-2007 12:05 PM

Wendy, i haven't lost enought weight to see that yet. A long time ago I think I heard that coco butter helps with stretch marks.

befuddled2

Jomar 03-12-2007 12:12 PM

some people just have skin that is less elastic too- that's why some women do get stretch marks from pregnancy and some don't.

but there are creams and such like the cocoa butter that are suggested- you might do a search on google or something to see what is the best one suggested.

fiberowendy2000 03-12-2007 04:13 PM

I will have to look for cocoa butter at Walmart later this week.
Thanks for the advice.

froglady 03-13-2007 07:57 PM

Oh Wendy, sorry about your stretch marks. Do you think maybe they will get less noticable later? I got'em real bad from having 4 kids. First ones were so shocking. I know how you feel. Seems to me if skin is made to expand, it ought to shrink?

I am old enough now to have all these stretch marks, sagging chest, wrinkles on neck, celulite(spell?), brown spots on my face, and somebody's elses hands (mine couldn't look like this) you name I got it! :D Of all the laws we have in this world, that get broken....why oh why can't we break the law of gravity. :Scratch-Head: Froggie :)

edited to add: about dealing with my body now...I just stand in front of the mirrow with my eyes closed or take off my glasses and I look great! :)

Fancylady_2006 03-13-2007 08:36 PM

Wendy~

I would rejoice to see those strech marks. Maybe not at your age, but an old coot like me, well it would mean loosing weight. LOL
____
BC:)

snoozie 03-13-2007 10:11 PM

Gaye you crack me up:D i will have to remember the take off the glasses trick, I bet I look marvaleous darling ha ha. I was looking at my hands and telling hubby that they look more like my moms all the time. My eyelids are getting that droop like my mom had too. My mom looked better at 70 than she did at 50 so I can only hope this will get better :winky: Sue

janster 03-14-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by froglady (Post 79464)
edited to add: about dealing with my body now...I just stand in front of the mirrow with my eyes closed or take off my glasses and I look great! :)

OK GC, FL, Froggie, or whatever you go by now, I'm sittin' here in the waiting room of the gyno at Mayo with my laptop. Of course it's full. I check to see what my old buds have been up to, and I run across your post. Everyone has just finished giving me the "whatthehell'sthematterwithher" look cuz I, out of the blue, broke out laughing at your comment. Hey, I don't give a rats...., what they think. I think it's funnier than all get out, but could ya warn me next time? I almost swallowed my gum!!!! hehehehehehhehehe Gotta run--cross your fingers it's all good news...
Hugs,
Jan

froglady 03-14-2007 08:13 PM

Ha ha Sue, I forgot to add my eyelids droop like daddy's. Glad you reminded me.

They told me when I was over my teen years my face would clear up. Didn't
Told me when I was pregnant for the first time my face would clear up..and I would hve the bloom of pregnancy, ha I bloomed alright, but it wasn't my face! LOL No way got worse.
Told me when I was older my face would clear. Still waiting :D

Hi Jan, glad ya didn't ya didn't swallow your gum! So glad to see you tonight! Hope ya can get here more often. Hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, Froggie LOL :hug:

fiberowendy2000 03-15-2007 07:54 AM

Jan!!!!:hug: How nice to see you posting! I hope you are doing well.
I guess you gals are right. Strech marks are a good thing for now. I just hope they fade in time. Somtimes they itch too. Ick!