NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Pets & Wildlife (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/)
-   -   Eagle Cam 2009: (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/68226-eagle-cam-2009-a.html)

mrsD 01-03-2009 07:01 PM

Eagle Cam 2009:

The Eagle Cam at Norfolk Botanical Gardens is getting
ready for the 2009 breeding season.

It appears that the same mated pair has returned to the first nest (they are abandoning the nest of 2008), and are working on it now:

The camera is being moved and updated with better infrared night lenses and a clearer view into the nest than last year's afforded.

It won't be long now. Everyone is hoping for a better season with less strife and pain, than 2008 held.

This is the main link...

Curious 01-03-2009 07:07 PM

When it's up and going, remind me MrsD....I'll make a sticky. :D

Abbie 01-03-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious (Post 438412)
When it's up and going, remind me MrsD....I'll make a sticky. :D

Whoa... I was thinking a sticky would be great this year for the camera site...

scary...it was like you read my mind...:eek:

mrsD 01-03-2009 09:06 PM

great idea!

That is a great idea.

The cam will start shortly...I looked today and it is dark, but active like in the Spring.

The weather there is milder than most of the country so we might have eggs in Feb/March.

I can't blame the eagles for leaving the other nest. Maybe they knew in some way the baby had a disease..and this is nature's way of avoiding contamination. Not to mention all the other stresses that nest had!

Doody 01-04-2009 11:30 AM

What a coincidence! I was just telling someone about the eagle cam site a couple days ago and thought how exciting it would be when it starts up again!

YIPPEE!

Let's hope this year some hussie doesn't mess things up again! :D

Alffe 01-04-2009 11:32 AM

I just pray that it has a better ending this year...too much drama for this old lady last time. *grin

mrsD 01-04-2009 11:52 AM

yes, I agree...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alffe (Post 438769)
I just pray that it has a better ending this year...too much drama for this old lady last time. *grin

We come here to minimize stress, and here the strife on the Eagle Cam was quite the opposite.

Alffe, see what you started???? LOL

I became totally bonded to that nest-- after all~~ I have done
many nest art works (see one in my profile album).

This year I even bought an Eagle calendar for my computer room. And we had alot of eagle action up North this summer.
Eagles certainly have become a part of our family's life!

Kitt 01-04-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsD (Post 438778)
Eagles certainly have become a part of our family's life!

For my husband and I as well. We see many of them firsthand where we are at doing everything they do. We truly appreciate being able to see them firsthand.:)

Thumper2 01-05-2009 08:11 AM

I was glued to my dual monitor at work watching all the struggles this pair went through last season. I'm glad that they're back at the old nest. The cam was up for a couple weeks in December and I was watching them bring in the sticks and they were bonding :hug:

jprinz99 01-05-2009 12:00 PM

since I am a Tidewater local who follows this saga regularly, I thought I would share these links:

"Eagle-ing" awaiting this season...