NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Vitamins, Nutrients, Herbs and Supplements (https://www.neurotalk.org/vitamins-nutrients-herbs-and-supplements/)
-   -   Nerve Pain Product (https://www.neurotalk.org/vitamins-nutrients-herbs-and-supplements/224364-nerve-pain-product.html)

caroline2 08-10-2015 11:58 AM

Nerve Pain Product

I've been hearing about this Nerve Pain Plus on my late night radio, so looked it up this morning and it looks good to me. If I really had a lot of nerve pain issues, I'd give it a try. It's full of homeopathics and some other ingredients as well.

There are more this site, so one can look further also.

The Femoral Nerve Pain I've had since hip surgery, is just about gone since I have been taking the 2 nerve supps I've talked about.

http://www.newvitality.com/nerve-pai.../p/newpainnew/

mrsD 08-12-2015 09:43 AM

I am getting a warning from my brower (FireFox)..that this link to this product is not a secure site.
So if you don't have good malware or virus protection I wouldn't even link to it..

I am sorry, but that product linked to here is very suspect.

Poor labeling --actually deceptive labeling.
Putting methylcobalamin, benfotiamine and lipoic acid as INERT ingredients? No doses? This is an evasion of the truth of the contents of this product. And the price? Whooooo EEEEE.. expensive for deception.

I'd avoid this product like the plague!

This link while for another product, does explain the homeopathy issue... so I will put it up here as well.

https://sciencebasedpharmacy.wordpre...or-nerve-pain/

kiwi33 08-13-2015 03:04 AM

I concur with what mrsD wrote.

Her link to homeopathy is excellent. Essentially homeopathy is the evidence-free belief that a substance which can cause clinical signs can be used as a treatment for the illness related to those signs.

In this belief system the more dilute a homeopathic remedy is (even to the extent that there is nothing left of it in the remedy) the more effective it is.

Homeopathy is in my "so bad that it is not even wrong" basket.

Jomar 08-13-2015 12:09 PM

I have found true Homeopathy to be helpful and I disagree with the biased comments made by the author on that sciencebasedpharmacy link.

He starts out commenting on the specific product then proceeds to bash all homeopathy...
Personally I think the pharma companies would love to slam anything other than their RX meds..

I'm not saying that the product originally posted about is good or bad, I'm commenting on the article bashing homeopathy in general..

caroline2 08-13-2015 12:32 PM

The product I posted about, to me, doesn't look that bad...I looked at it again and price-wise, not that bad either....If I had horrible nerve pain, I'd be trying many things that seem reasonable to me. I use other homeopathics with positive results...

I'm glad the femoral nerve damage I had for years is pretty much gone, I keep waiting for it to return but it doesn't...this was due to Inosine and Sphingolin, not homeopathics but I took a chance from a naturopath's recommendation. I'm still taking what I left of Inosine.

Now, IF ONLY, the nerves would come back to life.

mrsD 08-13-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsD (Post 1162067)
I am getting a warning from my brower (FireFox)..that this link to this product is not a secure site.
So if you don't have good malware or virus protection I wouldn't even link to it..

I am sorry, but that product linked to here is very suspect.

Poor labeling --actually deceptive labeling.
Putting methylcobalamin, benfotiamine and lipoic acid as INERT ingredients? No doses? This is an evasion of the truth of the contents of this product. And the price? Whooooo EEEEE.. expensive for deception.

I'd avoid this product like the plague!

This link while for another product, does explain the homeopathy issue... so I will put it up here as well.

https://sciencebasedpharmacy.wordpre...or-nerve-pain/

My main problem with this product is highlighted in my quote of my post above. DECEPTIVE LABELING

The homeopathy issue is always going to be controversial today, as most medicine in this country is "evidence based".
I found that link to Science Based Pharmacy to be quite good in explaining how homeopathy works (or doesn't depending on a person's point of view).

If people want to take supplements that are not labeled clearly, with information missing as to doses and contents like this one in this thread, etc...that is their business.
These same people are often critical of Big Pharma as well. To me deception is deception... and should be avoided for safety.
If Big Pharma lies about a drug, fabricates studies, etc...the public should be informed about that. The same is true of a supplement company that won't label its products clearly.

caroline2 08-15-2015 11:32 AM

The product I posted about, I don't know from Adam, except when I heard it on the radio and wanted to mention it. Personally, I don't see a problem with the labeling, nor the ingredients...actually kinda interesting with the inactive ingredients added.

This reminds me of a supplement I take, Pain RX, by Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals. This is an herbal pain supp and gets me thru my days in between Ibuprofen. Wish I could take it only and not the ibuprofen, but I have not attempted that yet. This Pain Rx contains a 600mg Proprietary Blend of pain herbals....one cannot know what the break down is, I called the company and it is proprietary. So I'm trusting that it is a positive product as it does help me. I'm probably taking it 2 yrs or so now. Just bought a new supply as IT WORKS for me....It clearly tells us not to take more than 6 per day. The reason for Proprietary as I see it means, so that others cannot copy it.

I was thinking about this issue when I woke up this morning and started my Pain RX at 7:30AM which gets me thru to about 1:30PM most days...and I don't know the breakdown of what is in it, but it works...

I seriously don't believe pharma or supplement industries want to harm us, but I've gotten harmed by pharma drugs as has my daughter, too much, and with supps I've not been harmed, St. John's Wort elevated blood pressure years ago and I got right off it...but otherwise no harm. Many have not helped me, and enough have helped me to stay this route.

Anyway, my thoughts at this point. I'd love to know of anyone who has taken the product I listed and will keep an eye open to read any reviews...It may be really new, I don't know.

The Pain RX could help others here. I've read plenty of reviews on Pain Rx... C

Erin524 08-15-2015 04:23 PM

Are you an actual medical doctor? (with a license?)

Because I keep seeing you suggesting all these things, and now you're saying you only heard about this one on the radio, and other than that you have no information about it.

Unless you're an actual licensed medical doctor, you really should not be suggesting medications to people.

madisongrrl 08-15-2015 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caroline2 (Post 1162846)

I seriously don't believe pharma or supplement industries want to harm us, but I've gotten harmed by pharma drugs as has my daughter, too much, and with supps I've not been harmed, St. John's Wort elevated blood pressure years ago and I got right off it...but otherwise no harm. Many have not helped me, and enough have helped me to stay this route.

I've worked in the drug, supplement, and nutritional industry for over 16 years. My background is very unique because I've worked in GLP, GMP and GCP regulatory environments so I have some pretty strong opinions when it comes to this topic.

Some supplement companies are great. Some companies intend to do no harm, but are ignorant and don't understand how to make a good product or understand the regulations that need to be followed. Some companies don't really care about you or your health. The bottom line for them is money. They will buy the cheapest products they can from China and slap together a product as fast as possible. Plus many of these products have excipients and flow agents that are not great for your health, but are used because they make it easy on the manufacturing process.

The one thing I will say about working with pharma, the process is very intense and rigorous to get a drug through FDA. All the extensive and careful testing that is done on these drugs is not done on supplements. That being said, they can't make drugs so specifically targeted to only impact the disease you have. There are adverse events and effects for every drug that any given individual takes.

For both supplements and drugs, it's a user beware market. It's always a good idea to check the FDA website to see if a drug or supplement company has violated any of the regulations. If they have, well then I think it's a strong indicator that that something is wrong. You really have to do your own research and make your own personal decisions before you take any supplement or drug.

kiwi33 08-15-2015 06:08 PM

madisongrrl, I think that is an excellent summary.