NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Scared for weather (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/223137-scared-weather.html)

MVTBI 07-17-2015 02:49 PM

Scared for weather

Hey Everyone,

Maybe its my anxiety creeping back up but I am a little bit concerned that my lack of headaches may be more related to the warm stable weather we have been having, Winter was full of headaches every day, depression caused or head pressure or whatever, I am a bit worried about whether they will be back in full force come winter. Has anyone ever gone through the seasons, I am up in canada so it can be pretty extreme at times...

It is possible I have gotten past the point of all day headaches, I can handle the infrequent ones coming and going, but sure as heck do not want to go back to the all day ones or I am afraid I will have to go live of the land on an island in the pacific...

Thanks again!

donniedarko 07-17-2015 02:53 PM

I actually think hot climate makes it worse, but that's just my 2 cents.

Mark in Idaho 07-17-2015 04:12 PM

Please don't let anxieties about the future cloud was sounds to be "Beautiful Days". Enjoy them. They are healing days. Get as much enjoyment as you can and let those good chemicals flood your brain.

Bud 07-18-2015 12:03 PM

MV,

Like Mark says, one day or even step at a time. Hard to do but necessary!

Bud

MicroMan 07-19-2015 06:00 PM

No link for me... rain or shine, they all suck! :mad:

Enjoy the weather and what appears to be a string of good days!:winky:

Diandra 07-19-2015 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVTBI (Post 1155694)
Hey Everyone,

Maybe its my anxiety creeping back up but I am a little bit concerned that my lack of headaches may be more related to the warm stable weather we have been having, Winter was full of headaches every day, depression caused or head pressure or whatever, I am a bit worried about whether they will be back in full force come winter. Has anyone ever gone through the seasons, I am up in canada so it can be pretty extreme at times...

It is possible I have gotten past the point of all day headaches, I can handle the infrequent ones coming and going, but sure as heck do not want to go back to the all day ones or I am afraid I will have to go live of the land on an island in the pacific...

Thanks again!

As others have said, please enjoy your lack of headaches and perhaps this is your new normal...wouldn't that be fantastic.

I don't have a traumatic brain injury but a brain injury (from infection) and the only seasonal thing that makes it worse is pollen and hayfever season....all the added inflammation causes more headaches....although living on an island in the Pacific sounds pretty terrific no matter what your issues.;)

I really hope you continue headache free and it is not seasonal for you.
My best,
D.:)

bluesfan 07-19-2015 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVTBI (Post 1155694)
Hey Everyone,

Thanks again!

Hi MVTBI

With a TBI it could be possible that your injury is still healing and the headaches may take a long time to reduce. I have neuropathy and an endocrine disorder and get severe headaches lasting several days. I recently connected them to changes in weather - specifically on freezing cold days when barometric pressure is high - so I searched for info about this and came up with the following site: (look at the sidebars for more specific info)

http://www.barometricpressureheadach...ache-symptoms/

I also get them in summer (I'm in southern hemisphere winter right now) but will have to wait a few more months to see if they correlate to high barometric pressure. I've started a log to see if there is a pattern. For me they seem to kick in when pressure is over 1020 millibars. Altitude also has an influence so your plan to move to a tropical island in the Pacific may help but atmospheric pressure can still be high - then there's the intense heat and unbearable humidity to deal with.
Hope this is useful, and wishing you improvement.
bluesfan