NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   how do i stop thinking of my pcs symptoms all day...when everything brings them on?? (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/147024-stop-thinking-pcs-symptoms-day-brings.html)

wtrpk 03-21-2011 01:27 PM

how do i stop thinking of my pcs symptoms all day...when everything brings them on??

I just can't stop thinking...is reading bringing it on...talking on the phone -- when my head feels so weird with everything I do.

How do I get my mind off it..and stop this vicious cycle?? Cant be good for me!

Margarite 03-21-2011 03:27 PM

same here

I know what you mean, every day for a lot of the day.
I thought that after 2 years I would just get used to the pain and all the rest, but I haven't, it still bugs me and still greatly affects me, I have tried to at least stop voicing how I am feeling even to my closest friends and family because it just worries them and that is one thing that has helped me to stop concentrating on it as much. The other thing is this blog, it gives me a chance to vent without bothering people and it is nice to share a little experience.

Hope you find a solution,
Good Luck!
Margarite

blackzest 03-21-2011 08:19 PM

My sympathies. My road to recovery has been incredibly long and life-altering. If I could offer you any advice, it is to know that these symtoms will not last forever. I myself suffered a concussion 18 months ago, unable to physically fall asleep for 8 months, depression, severe and constant anxiety, horribly blurred vision, among other painful things. 18 months later I am virtually symptom free, except for some lingering visual issues that vision therapy is helping me solve. I returned to school six months ago and am getting a 3.8 GPA.

You WILL get better, even though I know that is virtually impossible to believe. All the best to you.

Jeffrey 03-21-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzest (Post 755067)
My sympathies. My road to recovery has been incredibly long and life-altering. If I could offer you any advice, it is to know that these symtoms will not last forever. I myself suffered a concussion 18 months ago, unable to physically fall asleep for 8 months, depression, severe and constant anxiety, horribly blurred vision, among other painful things. 18 months later I am virtually symptom free, except for some lingering visual issues that vision therapy is helping me solve. I returned to school six months ago and am getting a 3.8 GPA.

You WILL get better, even though I know that is virtually impossible to believe. All the best to you.

Thank you for that- inspiring to everyone.

wtrpk 03-22-2011 06:55 AM

yes blackzest...that was helpful.

I'm noticing tiny improvements...and i think that's what everyone says...its very gradual.

I just want to be able to take care of the kids the way I'm used to....driving them to their sports, etc.

I am not a person who likes to rest...so this is really getting to me.

And my mind races...I have to get that under control too